28. Gasoline

I PUBLISHED THIS AND UNPUBLISHED IT BC I DIDNT LIKE IT. I STILL DON'T. THE NEXT CHAPTERS WILL BE MUCH MUCH BETTER, I PROMISE.

Dedicated to Sarah aka user: -swiftly- for being such a cool human being. (go check out her story but hold on!) And to all of my readers because you are like my second family, I love you guys a whole lot.

"I can see the end as it begins my one condition is: say you'll remember me ,standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks. Say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams."
Taylor Swift

Zoey Willow Hunter

"YOU could've told me," I whimpered, feeling ashamed of my childish attitude. "You could've told me that you were going back to England."

He froze, mouth hanging. Realization crawled over his features and he reached out to me. I stepped away from him, afraid I would punch him in the family jewels. I had gotten upset and sad because of him, but never both. It was a fairly dangerous combination.

"Hunter-" Nico started.

"Don't Hunter me, Forrest." I shouted, urging the tears about to fall to go back where they came from. "When the fuck were you going to tell me, huh? When you were on the plane?"

He looked away, and that was enough of an answer for me. A wave of futile rage swept over me.I grabbed the shirt on his shoulder and hit his chest with it twice, as hard as I could. But I probably did nothing to hurt him. It mollified my anger, but not by much.

"You absolute and total dickwad!" I said, throwing the shirt at him. He caught it easily. I could see my reaction throwing him off, he probably didn't expect to see me again.

"Wait-so all you said at the mail house, that was your fucking goodbye, Nico?!"

Nico held up a finger, "if I speak, are you going to interrupt me?"

"No, but I'm so mad I might punch your balls."

"Zoey, please, love. Listen to me, yeah?"

The hand he put on my shoulder felt like scalding my skin. My veins pulsed with rage and sadness that I couldn't contain. My bottom lip quivered. Creasing my eyebrows in a row and clamping my jaw shut, I tried to suppress the emotion and the tears rising within me. The last thing I needed at the moment was to bawl my eyes out in front of the reason for my tears.

It was just so unfair.

We had only begun yesterday. And us, what we had, it would be over when he left. He didn't even have the balls to properly tell me, I found out from his dad for God's sake. What if I hadn't found out today? He would have left without me knowing; I deserved to know. He was an ass for not telling me.

I crossed my arms, observing the slight tremble in his hands. "Give me one good reason why I should."

"Because I didn't want to hurt you," he said softly.

Flinching at his words, I turned away from him, averting my gaze. I couldn't stand to look at him, my heart was screaming at me and I was terrified of how I felt. Bizarre; how much I cared for this boy and how much the thought of not being around him clenched my heart.

"Not good enough."

Nico took my hands in his, and forced me to look at him. "Because we have something."

"We won't if you leave."

"Fine," he clenched his jaw, "because you love me."

And the worst part about all of this was that I did. I loved him and he was leaving. Maybe there was nothing I could do about it and the thought of that destroyed me. A stray tear fell on my cheeks and his eyes watched it fall on the floor.