9. The Nico Rollercoaster

“She’s so mean but I kinda love it, and I just can’t let her go,” One Direction.

(comment if you’re a directioner.)

-

Zoey Willow Hunter

“The airport.”

I was waiting for him to say: Ha! Just kidding! But nope, he had a completely serious face on as he said that.

Was he actually going to travel back to England? Bring me with him? Or maybe I was the chauffeur for his precious car? I couldn’t drive anyway, so the joke was on him!

“Why?”

“I answered your questions, can you please shut it?” He snapped, his words dripping with weariness.

Did he even sleep last night? The dark color around his eyes indicated otherwise, his cheeks were flushed with the slightest color.

I huffed and crossed my arms. “You answered one question, singular. Not questions, as in plural.”

He abruptly swerved into a parking lot and stopped the car. Turning to me, his dark green eyes reminded me of the Amazonian forest I saw on Discovery channel. For a guy, he had very striking eyes. They stood out form his face, framed with eyelashes that would make any girl jealous.

“If I answer you two other questions, would you shut up?” he said, resembling Mom, when Julia was babbling and she was trying to shut her up.

1.      Why are we going to the airport?

2.    Why did you take me with you?

I shook my head. “Three.”

“Two.”

“Three or else I get out of the car and scream bloody murder and say that you kidnapped me.”

“Fine,” he groaned.

“First, why are we going to the airport?” I asked.

He licked his bottom lip and looked at me straight in the eye. “I’m going back to England.”

“Are you serious?” I gaped at him like he was an alien.

Nico nodded, making his hair swish slightly with the movement. Even though last night his hair was slicked up, it was falling down on his eyes now. I noticed that he hadn’t changed his clothes; the same gray shirt, but it was less buttoned. It made him look like a hot teenager runaway.

“Why are you taking me with you, then?”

“Because you were being annoying and I didn’t feel like fighting with you.”

“So picking me up and kidnapping me won’t make me fight with you or annoy you?” I scoffed, “You’re very stupid. You could have just thrown me on the grass or something and left.”

“That wouldn’t have been very gentlemanly of me,” he said, sensing his own irony.

I ushered to the bandage on my hand. “And watching me bleed is?”

He glanced at my hand and I could see a flash of remorse in his expression. “All your questions are answered, now shut up,” He turned back to the wheel and started the car.

“Wait! I’m not done!” I cried out, reaching out to his shoulder, but I did it with the wrong hand.  A sharp pain made me whimper and pull my hand away.

“Are you dying, or something?” asked Nico, letting a hint of worry escape. The car was on the highway again, getting further and further from my hometown by the second.