Part Seventeen

Part 4

Back to Present Day - Stacie

            “Elizabeth and Evelyn were sisters… odd that we would each end up at one of their houses,” Illiana said as we stood, thinking over all that we had just remembered.

 “My thoughts exactly. There’s one thing I don’t get though, how did Evelyn know that I was dead?”

“I don’t know,” she answered, shrugging. “I never found that out.”

We both sat there staring at each other for a long time before she wrapped her arms around me and started crying. Sure I understood now, but I wasn’t completely Victoria anymore. I was still Stacie, and I wasn’t sure what to do about that.

Now as far as I know I’m supposed to technically what… die again? So I can be with Iliana? I want to stay here, but I also love her… what do I do?

She realized I wasn’t hugging back and let go.

 “Stacie… what’s wrong?”

 “She may be part of me, but I’m still Stacie. I can’t go with you. At least not yet, why do you think you’re still here? She said you’d take her back when you found her and you’d be together forever, but we’re still here.”

She just stared at me at first, as if wondering why I wasn’t so happy to see her that I didn’t have time to think about anyone else. Then her look of confusion changed to sadness.

“You’re right… I shouldn’t be here still. I should be back in my own time… technically dead, and Victoria or you… or whoever, should be with me. I don’t get it… I found you. You’re her… you’re Victoria.”

“Not entirely… she must just be part of me. Somehow we need to find a way to get her out then. Or something like that. Separate the two of us.”

“Is that possible?” she asked.

“I’m willing to bet that if all of this other magic is possible, then that would be too. We just have to find a way.”

I told everyone she was fine with it when I got back to class. I ended up missing lunch because of the whole remembering what happened back in 1809 thing. They believed me, and none of them ever asked anything.

It felt weird knowing that there was someone else who was technically part of me, and the reason behind why I loved Iliana so much. That made me wonder if freeing that part of me would mean I no longer liked her.

Whenever I wasn’t in school I made excuses to go over to Iliana’s house. Where we would look up everything we could on how to separate spirits from people, or whatever it was we were actually trying to do.

There were a lot of interesting things we found, but a lot of them sounded dangerous. I guess I didn’t feel like having a near death experience just for this.

Don’t get me wrong, we occasionally went way off subject, and our work got interrupted a few times, but hey… we love each other and have been separated for 200 years, I think we deserve to make up for that. Besides, it brought back memories. Memories of the night my parents had been talking about when they said that our neighbors had caught us and told them. That was one of my favorite memories. I was glad to be reliving it.

Anyway, we had a hard time finding anything useful whenever we were actually working. That is until we came to this site with a picture of the little coin like thing she had on her necklace, which I was happy to see she was now wearing again.

It was a site that sold the fake ones. There was a picture of the lady that was selling them, she looked kind of familiar, but I couldn’t quite think of who it was. Then it hit me…