Can We Get Back To Gambling (Please)

I didn't see Nagito at all Monday or Tuesday.

   At first I was a little worried; I feared he was ashamed and regretting what went down between the two of us last Saturday? But Shuichi was quick to assure me that wasn't the case.

   He explained that with the time left on the Election running out, Nagito was dedicating any free time he had to gambling and collecting votes. Last the raven-haired boy checked he was up to 250.

   It's admirable, really. He's working this hard for us. He's doing all of this all because some random people asked him to try and become the President and better our school. He's trying his best to succeed, it's incredible.

   Despite this all, I still can't help but be a little upset if I'm being honest. I mean, shouldn't he at least have made an effort to talk to me or say 'hello' to me after Saturday? You can't just disappear completely like that, Nagito!

-

   On the sixteenth day of the Election, or Wednesday, I find myself getting pinned to my locker once more. Luckily, I manage to contain my reaction this time around. Heh, I suppose I'm getting used to it now.

It's Nagito of course, who else would intentionally do this to me in public?

He's smiling at me, hands against metal on either side of me. "Good morning, Hajime!" He chirps.

I glare back at him. "Where have you been? Why haven't you talked to me?" I demand. He steps back, shrugging.

"Gambling. Shuichi said he told you guys, remember? The Election is already halfway over and I don't have nearly enough votes to win like you all wish yet, so I was working on that. I have about two-fifty now. I rank five in this week's top ten though, so that's a victory in itself!" He explains.

I sigh. "Look. Yeah, I know, that's great and all of course, but you can't just spend a day with me like last Saturday and then up and disappear right after like that," I scold, "I wish you'd at least have found the time to say a few words to me."

His eyebrows crinkle with concern. "Huh? Were you worried I was ashamed of what happened or something along those lines?" His eyes then soften, "I was quite happy with what transpired in fact, sweetheart. I sincerely hope you weren't beating yourself over it. . ."

"Not too much, admittedly. I mean at first, yes, that was a concern of mine. But once Shuichi talked to us I was able to relax a little. . ." I trail off awkwardly. He smiles.

"That's quite cute~ Anyways, I'm mainly here to collect my Good-Luck Charm! I've got a gamble scheduled against Izuru Kamukura-they're currently ranked third in fact-and I'd like you by my side."

I tilt my head, frowning. "Right now?"

"Well in ten minutes actually. Will you come along?"

"I've heard that person is incredibly dangerous," I sigh, shaking my head, "why do you keep putting yourself in harm's way? Look, if we're going to be. . .together, then you need to start taking more caution in your gambles. I don't want to end up spending all of my time stressing about what the hell my reckless boyfriend is up to."

He smirks down at me. "Boyfriend, huh? That's a strong word." My face heats up, "but there's no need to be worrying about me. I'm always smart about my gambles, despite how I betray myself. Anyways, I must go meet with Izuru now. Come along?"

I sigh. "Ah, sure, what the hell."

His face lights up. "Thank you Hajime!" He sings.

-