Mutual Teasing

"My girlfriend, she has an impossible debt we can't pay off. She's acquired Housepet status and we want to rid her of that. So, I have a gamble for you; if I win you'll undertake Sayaka's debt, if I lose, I'll surrender all twenty-five of my votes." She explains.

   Nagito purses his lips thoughtfully as he mulls it over.

   "This has got to be a trick." I mutter.

   "Is it?" He giggles, "Did Junko send you?" Mukuro tucks a strand of black hair behind her ear. 

   "Of course not! Junko doesn't know about Sayaka," She mumbles back, "if she did, we'd be in a lot of trouble." 

   He tilts his head, sizing her up like a predator would it's prey. "I suppose that would be true, but how do I know Sayaka's even real?" The fluffy boy points out. Mukuro nods.

      "A fair point," She pulls out her phone, hits some buttons, and points the screen towards us, "this is her. Sayaka, that is."

   The screen reveals a long, blue-haired girl with blue eyes and a dazzling smile. "She's real," She huffs, "so do we have a deal?" 

   Nagito grins, pressing two of his fingers to his lips. "I'm not so sure you deserve it. After what you did to Hajime, I don't think I will," He leans in close to her, "it's not like you'd win anyway. And I do hope your girlfriend gets used to the added weight around her neck. She's going to have it for a while." 

   With those words he shoves Mukuro out of his path and continues down the hall. Not really knowing what else to do I hurry to catch up to him. 

   "You don't think that was a little mean of you?" I hiss. He shrugs, smiling at me. 

   "Sayaka will be fine," He assures me, "as soon as my victory is assured in eighteen days, all the Housepets will be well taken care of, Sayaka included. And I certainly don't owe Mukuro any favors after what they did to you." His fist clenches. 

   "Still, Sayaka did nothing wrong and you have a lot of money so can't you just. . ?" 

   "You'd prefer if I undertook all Housepet debts? See, it's as simple as that. Other peoples' debts aren't my problem," He flashes me a teasing smile, "unless they're to me, of course." 

   I roll my eyes. "Shut up. Besides, even if you took the gamble you'd probably win and get twenty-five more votes easily." I point out.

   "Probably," We arrive in front of my locker and I open it, "but I'd rather gain more votes than just twenty-five. As in, it's not a fair gamble to me and I can easily play for more. I prefer a more challenging gamble and twenty-five isn't that promising to me." He sniffs. 

   "I mean, I guess you're right? But any amount of votes is more votes for you, right?"

   His eyes narrow. "I'm going to do things my way. And what do you even care, I'm doing this because you guys asked. My methods get results, unlike others. Stay out of it." He scratches the back of his neck. I huff. 

   "Fine. Whatever." 

   "I've got to head to class soon, sweetheart," He sighs, "try not to get bullied or anything. Better yet, I better give you a kiss for protection." 

   And that's when I get a devious idea. Ehe, this'll be good revenge for all of his teasing. 

   I turn around with a mischievous smirk, grab him by his tie, and quickly press my lips to his, pulling away before a second can even pass. I watch as his face flares up pink, like a sudden explosion behind his skin. I grin.