28. A Kaleidoscope Moment

Short but sweet moment! :)

Please VOTE COMMENT PROMOTE FOLLOW!

xoxo,
Losalini

[ edited 11 Dec 2015 ]

Getting caught with a cup of heavenly noodles in hand, wearing day old clothes and tiptoeing wasn't in my list of 'What A Hot Guy Should See'. And I certainly didn't expect him to enter the apartment carrying Chinese takeout in one hand and a bag marked Blockbuster Videos in the other.

"Who the hell are you calling 'honey'?" I snapped when I gathered my senses.

"I brought Chinese, Hunt," were his first words as he stared at the cup of noodles in my hand, not bothering to answer my question. "Throw away that crap."

I looked at my favorite late night snack before glaring at him.

How dare he call this delicious work of culinary art 'crap'! That was like calling Leonardo DiCaprio an alright actor when he was a talented genius. Not to add he still was being undermined and still hasn't gotten an Oscar Award, yet. "It's not crap! And thanks but I prefer my crap to anything you buy!" I snapped.

"Do you always have to be so stubborn?" He placed the bags on the countertop.

"Do you always have to be so intrusive? Why do you even care if I don't eat a full meal?"

"I don't!" He snapped. "I just bought Chinese for myself and I didn't want to be rude and not buy you anything."

I stared at him surprised that he had thought of me. I instantly felt like an ungrateful and bitchy person as guilt enveloped me. I looked at the food he bought. It was from my favorite Chinese food chain. "Do you have chicken dumplings and black bean noodles?"

He nodded, arching a brow at my sudden change of demeanour.

"Fine," I looked at my delicious food. "I'll make an exception for today. But after this, we're back to being strangers, okay?"

He nodded before placing the food on the coffee table in front of the television. "And I thought we could watch some movies."

"It's already nearly midnight and we have an early shooting tomorrow," I argued. I needed some shut eye in order to prevent the crew from seeing my raccoon eyes.

"We'll just watch thirty minutes of the movie. Promise." He pulled out a takeaway box from the bag and handed it to me.

I took it and could instantly smell the aroma of black bean noodles. Watching a movie would make sense. As long as I ate. Plus, it prevented us from talking to each other. I nodded. "What movie is it?"

"One of mine," he answered. "I didn't really know what movies you've watched and I figured you haven't watched any of mine, so..."

I nodded as I dug into the black bean noodles. Heavenly goodness! "What's the movie called?" I asked in between chewing.

"Kaleidoscope," he answered as he slipped the disc into the DVD player.

"What's it about?"

He explained the story plot for a couple of minutes with excitement.

"Sounds good," I continued eating as the movie started.

Shit!

Starring Flynn Mathers, Dylan Rush...

I swallowed the noodles.

Right! Kaleidoscope was Dylan's first movie and it was with Flynn Mathers.

How could I forget?

I looked at Dylan. He was watching me, looking nervous.

I didn't feel like fighting right now. I guess that would be contributed to the delicious goodness I was currently ingesting.

Dylan kept watching me, waiting for a response.

"I love that song," I commented. "It's catchy."

He nodded, cautious. "Yeah, I guess it is."

We watched in silence for twenty minutes.

This was the first movie I watched that had my dad acting in it.

He was playing Henry Shackles, an entrepreneur that was a workaholic, divorced and estranged from his only son, George, Dylan's character. The movie basically was about Henry discovering and embezzlement and trying to inform the authorities which led to his ex wife being killed and him looking after George.

He was talented! I give him that. Actually, they were both talented. He seemed loving to his character's son. Would he have been that loving towards me?

I released a yawn midway through the movie but didn't say anything. However, before I knew it I was gone from the world.

I was just having a weird dream when I felt my whole body being weightless and like I was floating in the air. Then I smelled a musky odor and expensive perfume. I held on for dear life as I drifted in and out of consciousness.

"Alex," I heard someone call my name, but I just turned around. "Alex!"

I groaned out loud.

"Goodnight, Hunt!" And then I felt myself lying on something silky and then I felt comfortably warm. "Sleep tight," the same voice said before I felt something press lightly on my head. "Dream about me, would you?"

I drifted back into my state of unconscious, but not before a thought lingered.

Dylan Rush had just kissed me on the forehead.

Or maybe it was just another dream.

•••※※※•••

Liking Rushed so far?

please go to the link below and click 'support' to see it become a movie!! please, please, please and leave endorsements like why it should. whether you liked it and why :)

L

ink is also on my profile, just click on it and it'll take you to the website. :)

link : http://www.iflist.com/stories/rushed

•••※※※•••

Follow me on my SNS accounts for teaser chapters or you wanna ask me a question.

instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ehl_kayy

website : http://ehlkayy.weebly.com

twitter: http://twitter.com/EhlKayy1D

email : lqkaloucava@gmail.com