10. Mistakes

VOTE COMMENT PROMOTE AND FOLLOW!

Xoxo 

Losalini

[ edited 2 Dec 2015 ]

My flight was leaving in forty minutes and I have come up with a good compromise to Sir Jerks-A-Lot's compromise, a way around getting everyone in this deal what they want. Of course I was the one benefiting the most in my counter-compromise.

I wouldn't have to see his annoyingly perfect face anymore and I'll get my replacement phone. The former was where he also benefited. I knew he would wanna see me just as much as I would he.

My plan of course did not involve a crime of petty theft. I was going back home on my flight and whilst there I'll just go through his contacts and get in contact with him, explain to him that I had to leave because of a family death, offer an exchange where he'd replace my phone with a similar model and I'd mail his iPhone 6 back to his spoilt hands.

Well done, Alex! I patted myself on the back, glad that I'd gotten mom's quick thinking.

The announcement came on the intercom telling me the flight was boarding. I got up, readjusted my jeans and grabbed the phone.

You know that moment when you can sense that something won't go right and you know you just jinxed it by thinking that but you can't blame yourself, the thought just came up by itself. Well, just as I stood up to head towards my gate, it happened.

I cursed myself silently, knowing that something was going to go wrong. Please let me get back home before it happens! I pleaded silently.

But then again, there was that moment where your pleas fall on deaf ears.

The iPhone 6 in my hand, jerk-head's phone and my compromise hostage rang loudly.

Everyone around me looked up and I made the second most biggest mistake in my life, the first being flying to L.A.

What, you may ask, was this mistake?

I panicked and answered the stupid, ridiculously expensive phone without glancing at the screen to  chance a look at the number or who was calling.

"Uhm... hello?" I whispered.

"Hello Gregory!" came the reply.

"Who's Gregory?" I asked without thinking.

"Who is this?" the voice sounded like it was a middle-aged woman.

"Alex," I replied. Another mistake.

"A girl," confusion laced her tone.

"Uh...yeah. Last time I checked."

Laughter echoed from that side. "Why are you answering Gregory's private line?"

Gregory must've been Sir Jerks-A-Lot. "He...sorta gave it to me." After I confronted him, made him stall a plane and run late.

"Oh, is that right?"

"Yeah. It was something he wanted to do."

"Oh."

Silence dawned on us just as the announcer announced that economy was now boarding.

"Wait, hold on, darling," came the voice from the other end, followed by a couple more voices in the background chatting back and forth.

I eyed my watch. Ten minutes til takeoff.

"Alex," the woman came back on the line.

"Yes?" My voice was shaking, both from nervousness and the need to not yell at her to hurry it up.

"4013 Park Lane Ave."

"What's that ma'am? I couldn't quite understand you? 40..."

"4013 Park Lane Ave. I need you to come as soon as possible. I need to meet you in person," she replied smoothly.

"But-"

"Oh and Alex, call me Angelina or Mrs Rush. I'd prefer Angelina though," and with that the line went dead.

Okay, what the hell just happened?

•••※※※•••

Follow me on my SNS accounts for teaser chapters or you wanna ask me a question.

instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ehl_kayy

website : http://ehlkayy.weebly.com

twitter: http://twitter.com/EhlKayy1D

email : lqkaloucava@gmail.com