Friendship is Magic (Part 1)

"Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria..." A soft female voice began narrating.

"Ooooh! Is this a fairy tale?! I love fairy tales!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed excitedly as the episode began. "Especially the one's where the houses are made of sweets! With walls made of chocolate, marshmallows on the roof, gardens of lollipops, nougat fences, and all that cream..."

Rainbow Dash then snapped her fingers in front of her pink friend, snapping her back into reality. "Uhh, Pinkie? You're getting your drool all over the table." Rainbow Dash awkwardly said, making Rarity scoot to the side, mildly disgusted.

"Oh! Hehe... sorry." Pinkie apologized, feeling a bit embarrassed as Fluttershy handed her a handkerchief.

"Wait, why'd the video stop? We just started!" Diamond Tiara exclaimed as she jumped in the air while pointing at the screen, still having not found another spot.

"Oh, that's because it allows us to give our thoughts and opinions as to what's happening, and then after that, we can continue." Pinkie explained.

The room was silent for a brief moment until, "Alright... I, suppose that makes sense." Octavia replied in an unsure tone. Vinyl Scratch simply scratched her head in curiosity.

"Oh, don't worry! You'll quickly get used to it. It's the norm for this type of scenario!"

"Which is...?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"A reaction fanfic, silly! What else could it be?"

"Wait, what?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, but before she could ask further questions, she was forcefully shoved out of the way as Trixie made her way to the laptop.

"ENOUGH! How are we supposed to finish this with dolts like you in charge?!" She shouted before she very forcefully clicked and resumed the episode, leaving everyone even more confused.

(A book opened, revealing a cloudy sky that gradually dispersed to reveal a town by a winding stream. In the sky, a second cloud-and-rainbow-made town floated higher than the nearby mountain peak. Finally, a white and gold city emerged from a nearly-vertical cliff.  Then, the image zoomed in on two winged unicorns standing back to back on a cloud: the left one was white with a pink mane and tail, while the other was dark blue with a lighter blue mane and tail.)

"...there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night."

(As the narrator continued, the sun rose behind the white sister, and the moon and stars ascended behind the blue sister, taking their place. The two sisters appeared on opposite sides of a slowly rotating yin-yang design, pastel green with the sun on one side and pastel blue with the moon on the other.)

"Okay. okay, so you're tryin' tuh tell me dat dese two unicawhns are somehow capable of movin' both de sun and de moon. How does dat even make any kind of sense?!" Babs Seed asked while trying to briefly summarize what has happened so far.

"I have so many questions about how this works." Applejack quickly added on.

"Well, Equestria is ruled by magic and the sun and the moon have been raised by unicorns even before Princess Celestia, the white one onscreen, took control of the sun and did it alone for a millennium or so." Sunset answered.

"So, In this other world, my sister raises an entire celestial body and rules the entire land?" Luna asked.

"For what I see," Celestia replied, pointing to the freeze-frame on the screen. "That is something you do as well, my sister."