Wolf Trainer-Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Normal Boredom

I awoke quickly as I heard the alarm. Ugh, I thought. Another stupid day of school. 12th grade is like being in prison for around 7 hours plus the time waiting for the bus. Unluckily, I have the stupidest bus driver. He never lets us talk, and he can't drive for anything. On his 'good days' he tells us about what's going on with him, like anyone cares.

''Honey, get up,'' my mom yelled from in the kitchen.

''I know, I'm getting there,'' I replied as I listened to the bacon sizzling on the stove. My eyes fluttered as I yawned and slammed my hand onto the alarm to stop it from ringing. Then, I jumped up and headed for the bathroom for my little red brush. I just had my hair cut up to my shoulder blades and it was layered. Just as I walked off the carpet and on to the tile floor, I slipped up and went flying... Until I landed right on my butt. 

''And watch for the floor, I just mopped.'' My mom said laughing with her usual loud, crackly voice.

I did one of those fake laughs and replied,  "I think you're loud enough.'' Mom never replied to me. I got back up and slowly and carefully headed towards the bathroom. ''Is the bathroom floor wet?'' I asked just in case.

''No, I knew you would be in there more than in the living room.'' She said as she chuckled. 

I walked to the sink and grabbed the brush off the granite top. I had always liked the sink. It's a gray-brown color with little white and purple colors smeared all over. The corners are perfectly rounded and smooth. Whenever it's been left alone for awhile and you touch it, it feels like snow. Smooth and cold. The sink sits right in the middle with the toothbrushes to the right. My brush sits to the left, normally always on the edge.

I quickly brushed my hair and then put the brush back. I ran my long fingers through my hair to make sure it wasn't knotted anywhere. Then I brushed my teeth with the blue and white striped toothbrush that was old. The little ends were poking out and cutting my gum, causing me to have to suffer with the horrible taste. I had been bugging my mom about it saying I need a new one, but I am still using the same one. 

Next, I picked out a wolf shirt. It was my favorite. Ever since the 7th grade I had loved wolves. I slipped it on and then took out a random pair of plain jeans hanging around in my closet. Luckily the tone of the blue looked good with my shirt. Then, I put on zebra stiped, rainbow socks and my black Vans.

I looked at my clock and it read 7:35. It was about time for the bus. Once it goes down on the opposite side of the road I wait five minutes and then I go to the end of my road and wait. I quickly fixed my mascara and eyeliner then went in the kitchen.The kitchen smelled of the best homemade rolls with butter slapped on and warm bacon, just finished. Mom had my plate out so I grabbed it and opened the little brown wood cabinet door just beside the stove. The forks were on the right, so I grabbed one and shut the cabinet.  

My mom was on the smokey gray couch, and I joined her. This couch was the comfiest one I had ever sat on. The cushions were soft and fuzzy feeling and the top part kept your back up straight. She had bought in just last year at a furniture sale. "Half-Off!" Explained the price tag. Mom couldn't resist such a deal for such an amazing couch.

The buttery rolls softened in my mouth as I ate. The bacon, still warm, left my mouth watering. The morning food filled me until I was bloated. Even though I wanted more for it's delicious taste, I knew the bus would be here soon and I was way to full. I only smiled in satisfaction. After I finished, I washed off the plate in the kitchen and put it in the sink. I read the kitchen clock, eye level to me on the wall, It read 7:39 and then suddenly changed to 7:40. I looked out the small, white window on the wall facing the road. Just then I heard the bus roll down the road and go by completely. That means I will catch the bus at 7:45.