3 | All too soon

CHAPTER THREE
All too soon

CHAPTER THREE All too soon

--

STILES STILINSKI HAD NEVER BEEN SO SCARED IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE. His eyes wide and brimmed with a waterfall of tears, near overflowing in a cascade of pearls down ghostly white cheeks. As he came face to face with what could only be described as his imminent death, his beating heart came to an abrupt holt, tingling pains ride up his spine as this sickly virus known as terror plagues through the rest of his body, infecting every sense he has with paralysis.

The gloriously terrifying beast that stood towering over him, being a near exact replica of the drawing in the rustic journal.

The wolf snarled, bearing it's huge yellowing teeth, the deadly snarl seeming to be highlighted in the cold glow of the rising moonlight. The horse-sized dog took a padded step forward, startling the buzzcut boy out of his immobility.

The boy stepped back, tripping over the discarded journal in his panic. As soon as he made contact with the floor, his state of shock had dissipated as he began to frantically scramble backwards away from the beast. The painful sensation arising in his chest, one all to familiar but still long forgotten. His throat began closing up, the choking of breath and welling of newfound tears blurred his vision, hating himself for how weak he was feeling.

The snow coloured creature let out a loud growl at it's escaping prey. Stepping forwards again and placing a heavy paw on the boy's lower legs, preventing him from moving any further.

Stiles, having no where to go, looked into the eyes of the Alpha wolf, the red eyes burning back at him as salty tears ran down his reddening cheeks. The wolf lowered itself closer to the boy's face, who responded by fearfully scrunching his eyes closed at the sight of the oncoming canines, quietly praying to any and all higher powers that he did not formerly believe, hoping to god that this wasn't going to be his end.

As if having heard the quiet mutters of the boy apologising to his friends and his dad, the pressure on his feet worsened to the point where he thought his bones were going snap like twigs do under footfall.

The breath of the large beast fanned hotly over his face, the heat immense and only alerting the young teen further to how close this beast really was. The wolf stopped moving, it breathing quieting, suddenly enough that Stiles' curiosity got the better of him and he peeped open his hazel eyes.

The monster let out a deafening roar.

The force of the noise was enough to knock the wind out of the teen, his ears ringing despite the desperate attempts to cover them with his hands, his eyes also sealed shut once again as if that could possibly aid his attempt to block out the overpowering noise, and nearly as soon as it had started, it had finished.