4 | Dead wolf

CHAPTER FOUR
Dead wolf

DEREK HALE LIMPED THROUGH THE HALLS OF BEACON HILLS HIGHSCHOOL, STANDING OUT LIKE A SORETHUMB AMONGST THE CROWDS OF CLASS GOING STUDENTS

DEREK HALE LIMPED THROUGH THE HALLS OF BEACON HILLS HIGHSCHOOL, STANDING OUT LIKE A SORETHUMB AMONGST THE CROWDS OF CLASS GOING STUDENTS. His confrontation with the annoying jock having not been any help in finding the boy he was looking for.

He slumped against the tiled wall, trying desperately to search for Scott through sound, when he happened upon two girls talking about the McCall boy.

"Its like, getting into a hot tub, someone eventually crops a feel." The preppy voice of the popular ginger instructs as she talks to her best friend.

"So what are you saying?" The softer voice asks, one that Derek assumes is the Argent girlfriend that Scott has.

"I'm just saying, you know, make sure he covers up."

"She's talking about a- erm a condom." A new voice announces, the shy male adding to the conversation, making Derek's ears prick up as he recognises the voice.

"Why hello Nox, no Isaac today?" Lydia smirks, the teasing present in her tone.

"He's in class? I-I don't always have to be with him." Derek could almost visualise how the awkward boy tilted his head, he always had a way of being more physical when talking because of his bad social skills.

"Sure you don't."

"Lydia! My situation?" The Argent girl whines to the other, wanting to get back on topic.

"Yeah, see you guys." The boy says to the other two, Derek goes to track his voice when he is suddenly interrupted by the school bell. He covers his ears and grunts in pain, frustration evident on his face.

A hand places itself on his shoulder, he looks up to meet the soft brown eyes of the boy he had spied on.

"Didn't expect to see you here." The King boy says, taking note of the beta's drained appearance and sickly pale skin.

"I got shot."

"No shit." The boy avoids eye contact, or looking at Derek all together as he continues. "C-come on then."

The two walk out of the school building side by side, Derek grumbling to the other about what happened and then stating how he needed to find Scott McCall. The young looking boy rolled his eyes as the cross the road. He catches glimpse of movement next to him and notices Derek raising his injured arm out to Stiles' jeep.

The mysterious boy attempts to help his friend as he looses his balance, Scott and Stiles coming to aid.

"What're you doing here?" Scott asks the injured werewolf as Nox tries to sit him up. The Stilinski kid eyes the other teen who stopped his car, remaining suspicious of the secretive boy.