Chapter 7

A/N: sorry for the late update, I've been really busy with school stuffs, so I had no time to use gadgets, I hope you guys understand and here is a chapter for my apology :>

(3rd person's POV)
The two ghoul stiffens as they heard what the Earl said.

'More cases...that means more other ghouls...?' The two thought, they already have problem of being transferred to the Victorian era, but now they have another problem.

"But I won't be worried if they attack me since you two are with me" the Earl said to the two.

"Tsk, it's not that easy to defeat ghouls, it depends of what rate they are" (Y/N) said coldly.

"Rate?" The demon ask.

"Yes, rate, all ghouls have different rate depends from the CCG. By definition ratings are a system used by the Commission of Counter Ghoul or so called CCG to classify ghouls. They are rated based on their individual ability, activity levels, damage caused, influence and hostility towards investigators, the level of threat, the killing incidents committed by the ghoul, and their influence over other ghouls." Explained by the male Kaneki.

"I see...then what is the rate of you two?" Asked by the Earl.

"We're both SS rated" answered by the male Kaneki.

"What's the highest rate?" Sebastian asked.

"SSS rated" answered by (Y/N).

"Then you both can defeat all the ghouls." The Phantomhive brat- I mean Earl replied, this made the female Kaneki mad.

"What do you think we are? Your slaves? If you think you can just order us whatever you want then you're wrong, we only agreed to this stupid job because we want to go back to our place, to where we lived, to where we were born." (Y/N) is not being held by her brother, knowing she'll release her Kagune. "(Y/N)..calm down.."

(3rd person's POV)

(Y/N)'s outburst had caught everyone's attention. Her anger and frustration were palpable, and her words carried a weight of longing for her and Kaneki's world, their lives, and their freedom.

The Earl Phantomhive, although accustomed to being in control and giving orders, now faced two individuals who refused to be treated like pawns. He had underestimated the strength of their desire to return to their own time and place.

Sebastian, ever the composed demon butler, spoke up in a calm tone. "I understand your concerns. We are not here to enslave you, but to work together towards a common goal. Our objective is to uncover the truth behind these incidents and find a way to send you back to your time."

Ciel, who had been silently observing the situation, added, "We require your unique abilities to navigate this world and solve these mysteries. We won't force you to do anything against your will."

(Y/N) and Kaneki exchanged a meaningful glance, understanding the sincerity in their words. It was clear that they were not alone in their desire to find a way back home.

"We'll cooperate, but don't forget our main goal," (Y/N) said, her anger subsiding.

"Of course," Ciel agreed. "Our ultimate objective remains sending you back to your world."

Sebastian nodded. "Now, let us focus on the task at hand. We need to solve the mystery of these ghouls and the recent cases. Undertaker's riddle is a puzzle we must decipher to move forward."

With a newfound understanding, the group refocused their efforts, united by a common purpose but aware that their journey was far from over. They would face challenges, both supernatural and personal, as they sought answers in this unfamiliar Victorian world.

Words count: 606