Ch, 13. Cherry Red

Jughead

"Jughead!" I shot up, falling down onto the floor causing the trailer to shake and my phone to go flying. I looked up to see Betty, she didn't look happy with me.

"Betty why did you do that?"

She grabs the bat, I cover my face, I look over, barely missing my head, "what is not cool is you sitting here all night. Not healthy Jughead. Now get up I'm making breakfast."

I slowly got up and rubbed the bruise that was beginning to form on my arm. I look over at Betty who has the stove top on cracking an egg open, "sit down Jughead."

I sit my chair back up and sit down, placing my head onto my arms as I watch her crack five more eggs in. She quickly sets a pile of them on a plate with the salt, handing it to me, "so 4th of July, today is going to be fun Jughead."

"Not solving crimes, so no fun for you today. But beneficial to me," she laughs.

She places he plate down and sits next to me, "you messaged Cheryl already haven't you?"

"Betty how did you even know that? Did you look at my phone?"

She smiled, "no I did not, even though you've had the same password on it since we were thirteen. Considering how much you two went through, yeah I know you texted her. Or did she texted you first?"

"I texted her first," I sigh.

She nodded, "thought so."

"Betty I know you think I still love Cheryl but I don't."

"Oh I know you still do Jughead. But I know not in that way. You loved her, she loved you, believe me anyone could see that. I know you're over her in that sense but what you are not over is how she left you like that. Because you love mystery's and you hate that you can't solve this one," she sighs.

"With no excuse but that you joined the Serpents."

"As much as I hate to admit your right, you are right though. I just want to know really why. She said that she would meet up with me in person if I wanted to, she would explain why she did what she did. Do you think I should?"

She nodded, "if you want to be with Veronica, which believe me I know you do. You have to be fully over her and not just give her piece of you that's healed, do you know what I mean?"

I nod, "I understand what your putting out. I'll ask her if tomorrow works, sound good?"

She nods, "yep."

"By the way Archie and I almost kissed in Pops kitchen," spit my water out, covering my eggs in saliva.

"Betty what? Why did you not kiss?"

She smiled, "Veronica has perfect timing."

I nod, "yes she does."

I place my plate into the sink, I take hers once she is done.

"So going to take her as your date? Kiss on top of the Ferris wheel?"

I roll my eyes, "that sounds straight out of a fanfiction."

She smiles, "well then we can only hope things like that happen in the real world. Maybe I can get Archie on it this year."

I laugh, "last time all three of us went on that thing, we has Archie by the grip of his shirt and skin, you nudged him to move over and he almost slid through."

She laughed, "we were eight, seriously he needs to let it go."

"Betty. He has a scar on his back from where I grabbed him with my fingers. Along with a scar between his eyebrows from scraping his head on the handle bar."