Ch, 3. End Credits

Veronica

I jumped a few times whilst watching the movie, "don't like horror movies?" Jughead whispered as to not disrupt Archie and Betty who were deeply entranced by the film.

I shake my head no, "not my favorite genre either, the majority of it is boring and overall disturbing."

"Ahh!" We both jump, half the popcorn is spilled onto the mattress, "what the hell are you guys doing?" Jughead laughs. Cars filled with shushes. Jughead shrunk back into his jacket.

"Hey, Archie let's put a gravestone in Jughead's bed with his name on it." Archie spits his drink out onto the grass laughing.

"Shut up!" A boy turned around looking rather angry at us, Betty smiled as she raised her hand over the roof of the car and gave Reggie a rather inappropriate gesture.

Archie and Betty were shaking the whole car due to their ridiculous laughter. Jughead began to hold in his laughter.

"I say we put one in Betty's- imagine her face- ahh," I did an impression of her voice causing a chain reaction of laughter.

Jughead was holding his stomach almost with pain. More and more people began to turn, "shut the hell up Southside trash!"

Betty began to get up but Archie pushed her back down, "leave it" I watched, he looked at her and slowly her shoulders loosened. She looked over at Jughead and me I who had his fists balled together staring at the movie trying to calm himself.

I grabbed his cold hand with mine, trying to warm it up, he seems to relax. He turns to look behind the car, I look through the truck window. A few boys and girls causing noise louder the minute, Betty gets up to see who.

"Margret shut the hell up already!"

The girl got up, "want to come here and say it to my face?"

I got up, "hey! Want to see what happens to a snake when a Louis Vuitton heel steps on it? Shut the hell up or you'll find out."

Others cheered, I gave a small bow before sitting back down. Betty claps her hands, "yes girl" she cheers.

I feel Jughead's hot breath on my neck, "that was brave, most people won't look in their direction let alone yell at them."

I smile, "thank you."

Be sighs, "I'm sorry that they are like that. I can't do much about it those girls over they don't listen to anyone."

"I thought that they would listen to your is Betty since you both have their jackets?"

Betty laughed, "no in our gang- not just the matching jackets, although the jackets are very cool."

"Gang? But you guys are so nice" I say, Jughead smiled.

"It's not so much of those gangs you hear about on tv or the ones you want to worry about walking home," he told me.

"We're more so a family, more than anything else. Most of us, are good people, those girls over there... not so much."

"But why would they threaten you if you are in the same gang?"