Ch, 19. Closer

Jughead

I feel Veronica's arm wrapped around my shoulder, I lean into her touch as I try to open my eyes. I can hear giggling, I toss over trying to block out the noise, and shut my eyes tight.

Wait. I open my eyes, I see Betty and Veronica over me giggling with their phones out.

I look over, "ah," I yell, falling off the mattress to see Archie who was practically laying on top of me.

I quickly stand up, "give me the phone Betty, this is not funny."

She laughs, "oh I think that it's hilarious."

"Give it to me Betty," I place my hand out for her to hand me her phone.

She shakes her head, "I think this will be nice on the fridge."

She shuts off her phone, the phone's password practically changes up every week so no way I'm getting it now unless Betty decided to do a good deed for me. That I know will not happen considering the circumstances.

I reach for my phone after I hear the buzz, Cheryl. I shove my phone into my pocket, Betty and Veronica are heading downstairs.

I turn to Archie "come on after you," I gesture my hand out as I look at him.

"Did she call you?"

"You and Betty are so much alike it sickens me you know everything going on in my head."

Archie laughs, "well that's kinda our job as your family."

"Are you going to read it?" I place my hands into my pockets.

"Yeah, maybe later."

He stands next to me, "can I see you read it?" he asks, genuinely asks me that question.

"Why do you want me to read it for you to see me?" I ask.

He shrugs, "says anything bad I'm here for you, you're my brother Jughead. Says anything bad I can send Betty who wouldn't even need a reason to go talk to that girl."

"Okay" I shake my head laughing, "Betty would go over there, no questions asked." I pull out my phone, I open the text.

I stare down at the screen of the electronic device, "you okay, what is it?"

"She wants to meet with me tonight."

"No."

"Archie-"

"No you're not going Jughead she was horrible. Now you know I don't ever use this word to describe women but in her case, I will, a bitch to you."

"Arch-"

"To think that I saw you in your bed for a month, scared to leave you by yourself and she wants to meet up to talk."

"Archie her and I already texted about it!" I whisper yell, I quickly shut his door.

"Jughead last time you got so bad that you couldn't keep food down! You got so sick," Archie says with sadness and so much worry.

"Jughead, Archie?" Veronica yells.

"Will be right down in a minute!"

"Jughead I will eat your bacon strips!"

The small smile Betty gave me frowned as I looked at Archie, "let me see."

I hand him my phone, he types in my password and I watch him hurry to my messages.

"Why did you text her first, after all she did you still were nice to her? Why?"