Breath of the Void: Chapter 30

So, I meant to post this yesterday, but I had an extremely bad time the past two days because I had to spend time with my father, who left my family, his wife, and his side of the family due to America's Thanksgiving and the family's traditional after day breakfast. So I didn't get to editing until pretty late last night when I stopped feeling emotionally drained. I was watching the AOC stream which made me feel better. I hope you folks in America had a good thanksgiving day, though.

————————

After Shuten threw Musashi her naginata, she had landed silently in front of one of the ruined buildings. She hadn't had time to do anything yet, she had been too absorbed in the birth of a new Servant.

But still...

Violet eyes gazed down at the fallen form in front of her, ignoring the blood that was underfoot as she stepped forwards. She bent down first, fingers ghosting over the severed arm before she moved up, hands light until she reached the man's face.

Gyoumei Himejima was still alive— but barely. She didn't hesitate as she felt a sudden rush of rage course through her blood. It was strange, if one took time to think about it. Why would an Oni be this angry about a human life? But she didn't stop to think about it.

How dare he.

She brought her hand to her mouth, biting down hard until it bleed and tipped Gyoumei's head up. Blood dripped down his throat, blood that was as deadly as any poison, but as potent as any medicine. Not enough to change him from day to night, but enough to keep him alive until a real doctor arrived.

How dare he.

She stood back up, pealing her kimono off and tearing it to ribbons as she felt the seal on her body crack. She quickly tied the cloth around his severed arm to stop the blood flow, ignoring the startled Kukashi behind her as she surged forwards.

She was selfish. She was an Oni.

The blind man's lips were cold and chapped, tasting metallic from blood and slightly sweet from her own.

How dare he.

She stood, feeling the tearing and ripping of her body as it grew and rearranged. Thin, veil-like material stretched over her body like an open-backed leotard, connecting over the metal coverings she wore. Her lips became stained red as a silken kimono curled around her waist. It was a deep violet, and her form stood taller, more developed— closer to her true form. Snake's scales glittered just under her skin as she summoned her gourds and sword to her.

How dare that insolent boy touch what was hers.

She pushed from the ground with so much force it cracked the road under her and she soared above the buildings.

She made it to the battlefield in no time, her eyes watching as Musashi skillfully deflected Muzan's attacks, her naginata nothing more than a silver flash as she moved. Kyojuro had been tossed to the side with that Sun boy, but he climbed out with nothing more than a grimace.

Shuten took all this in quickly, under ten seconds at most, before she landed, startling all those conscious at the sudden killing intent that burst forth. Musashi even slowed to a halt, eyes widening as she gazed at her.

Her lips curled into a cruel smile as Muzan's tentacles stopped moving and Musashi's swords lowered just slightly.

"Fufufu... to think that a bug would rear its head up towards the heel of the shoe that was going to crush it..." she said, eyes narrowed as she land. Muzan's eyes narrowed and slight recognition in them before his features schooled themselves.