Chapter 1

Sniffing the ground I caught the familiar metallic scent and threw my head at the moon, howling into the silent night sky. Other howls joined mine as the wolves around me responded. The hunt had begun. 

Wolves came out of the forest shadows to smell the blood, catching the scent. Without wasting time I launched into action, galloping through the forest following the faint trail. Trees flashed and zoomed past me in a blur as I neared the source of the blood. Slowing down I hid my beastly body in some longer grass, relying only the night sky to completely hide me. I allowed my instincts to take over me as I assesed the herd of deer in front of me, finding the injured one.

I growled lowly, hoping the deer wouldn't hear me. Other wolves replied in the same tone and using that as my signal I leapt out of hiding in an attempt at being graceful and I raced towards the injured deer. Other wolves did the same, sorrounding the deer in a larger circle. The deer instantly noticed us and in a mad rush attempted an escape. A few were succesful but many remained. 

I sprinted towards the injured one that was slower than the others and firmly clamped my jaw around its neck, ending it life swiftly. Other wolves did the same, struggling slightly with the stronger deer. I spun around and saw a deer attempting to escape, I followed it, leaping onto its back, attempting to bite its neck from behind. The deer reared under the sudden weight and I was flung off.

I chased after it, adrenaline filling my veins I made a wide arc around the running animal until I was in front of it. Wolves being fast animals naturally was always helpful. I leapt at it for the second time, this time from the front and scratched it's face, blinding and weakening the animal. Confused the deer stumbled around erratically but without wasting time I snapped at it's neck ending the poor animals misery. 

I dragged the deer back to my fellow wolves as fast as I could. I made it back to see they had all shifted and were building a large fire in the clearing. many had eaten bits of deer in their wolf form, the leftovers were for the children who were yet to shift. 

I ate the injured deer, leaving the better strong meat for the children. I ate like a true beast, ravenously and unladylike. I shifted back after my meal and found that the other's had built the fire and were roasting the meat. I approached my best friend, Bianca and together we searched for a river, chatting animatedly as we did so. 

Life in a rouge pack is confusing as no one really is in charge, defying authority is the main reason people go rouge. Yet we are still a pack and care for each other especially the elders and youth of the pack. Also like a pack each wolf has a different responsibility, we have fighters, hunters, cooks, guards, trainers and working wolves who earned money for the pack.

We don't live in a forest and sleep amongst trees like rouges are made out to do. We all lived in a large house similiar to a pack house only it was in a small town. This is so the pack wolves can have jobs and earn us money and the young wolves can go to school. Our pack currently owned a small newsagent that was our main source of income. Life as a rouge can be tough but in a rouge pack, life is easy.

"Faayyyyy! For the upteenth time, stop dreaming and listen to my petty girl problems." Bianca yelled into my ear, her hands clamped around her mouth like a loudspeaker. I jumped slightly and hissed at her but nonetheless paid attention to her 'petty girl problems' meaning that she was on her period but a certain horny wolf wanted to get some. 

I attempted to not grimace at her incredibly intimate details that I wish never to describe about her and this wolf's last time spent together. When she started telling me about her screaming his name I just couldn't take it anymore. "My poor sensitive ears Banks! Stop now, before I have nightmares." My fingers covered my ears as she laughed and continued her disgusting story.