Epilogue

Copyright 

*********

I stepped over the invisible line and felt the strings connecting me to everyone I have ever known disintegrate. A howl pierced the night sky as my disconnections startles the people who I used to call family. With little hesitation I face the dark forest and run with all the energy I can muster. 

I am but a weakling and cannot move far or fast but I have been trained to defend myself from danger and hiding myself is almost second nature. I only need little distance and time and a small wind blowing in my favour to diguise my scent. I felt my eyes change colour as the wolf inside of me fought for dominance wanting to keep us safe from harm. I attempted to control it but being weak and unfocused resulted in my wolf dominating and my body shaping itself into that of a hairy beast,.

My wolf is like any other low ranked she-wolf. Dark brown fur covered me head from toe with nothing at all to help distinguish my wolf from others. My size was that of a normal wolf, not particularly impressive in any way. I loved running in my wolf form, it was refreshing and exhilerating all at once. If I let my wolf take over it was especially thrilling, I can see and hear everything and can feel the movement of my body except my wolf is the one controlling it and I cannot change that.

I gave my wolf full control trusting her to protect me and take me to safety. My mind drifted, numbed by the steady rythm of the running animal. What have I done to myself? I am a young she-wolf without a pack, meaning I am rouge. At the tender age of thirteen I have left my pack without any real training and have become a lone wolf with no life purpose. 

I needed to train myself or find people to train me... My sole mission was to find some sort of protection against the dangers being rouge provided. I felt the steady pace of my wolf slowing and looked around through the eyes of my wolf, gaining control back of my body. I padded towards a small river and drank a little before shifting back into my human form, naked and after several failed attempts I managed to climb up onto a branch large enough to hold my body weight.

Sleep was impossible but at least my body could rest in the safety the tree provided.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

At first light I lifted my body from the branch and attempted to gracefully land on the ground. Except where my foot was meant to land, my hand did, with my foot on top of it causing me to somehow fall onto my head. That's my coordination for you. A small laugh snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see the face of two small girls possibly my age.

My wolf instantly appeared in my mind and became alert causing my body to go stiff as I recovered and crouched in an attempt to look threatening. One of the girls had dark skin and hair that was wild and messy, she was wearing dirty clothes and looked like she had been in the forest for a long time.

The other girl was her polar opposite, pale skin that glowed in the faint traces of morning light she had hair that was short and cropped and so light it was almost transparent, her appearance was also messy and her clothes had claw mark rips through them. 

I sniffed the air, keeping my eyes wide for movement and I noticed one smell that I should have sensed long before. Werewolves, the girls were wolves, rouges judging by their messy appearance. 

I stood up slowly without removing my eyes from them for a second. “Who are you, why are you out here?” The pale blonde asked quietly. “Who are you?” I spat back weakly not willing to let my guard down easily. “I am Grace and this is Bianca.” The blonde replied dismissively. “Now, who are you? And why are you on our land?”

Land? This land belonged to no pack; this was no man’s land. “I am Fay and this land belongs to no one.” I attempted to look intimidating but I could tell my attempts were futile. “This is land belongs to Grace, Myself and the pack we belong to, a pack of rouges.” The dark skinned one replied, she was maddened by me and rushed her words out, allowing her eyes to change colour signifying her wolf’s appearance.

I only sneered back and replied simply with. “Rouges don’t have packs.” The two girls laughed as though I was a complete idiot. “Yes, yes they do and if you choose, you can come join ours. Although we are not trusting and you must understand our pack is one of protection and peace, meaning you must come in with only pure intentions.” The blonde replied and walked slowly off, glancing over her shoulder and challenging me to follow her.

I took her information in and before I knew it was racing to catch up to them, my wolf desperately seeking the attention these people claimed to offer. 

********* 

Guys this is the shortest chapter I will ever make, I promise! It's probably not even a page because it's only the epilogue and I want to get started on the good stuff, which will be uploaded very shortly. 

Just a few notes about the story to clarify anything. 

Her mind may seem wierd at this point but remember she is young and everything will change next chapter, she will be way older and mature. 

Another thing, I tried to avoid what most werewolf books do and make her have some sort of specialty or magic power or something, I want her to be relatable so she is just like a normal girl only, a wolf...

Anyway, sorry for long Authors note, laters lovelies. xx