Chapter 4

"Where can we get the picture?" I ask the photographer.

"On our website," she hands me a small card with a web address on it.

"Thank you!" I smile.

Melissa waves, "Bye, Santa!"

We just got our picture taken with Santa in the mall, if you were wondering. You're never too old to sit on a fat guy's lap.

Melissa asks me where we should go to next. I planned on finishing all of my Christmas shopping today, and I still need a present for my second grandma. I already found a present for my grandpa earlier.

I point, "Yankee Candle?"

"Yes!"

We race into the store like five-year-olds and are greeted by the smell of several different candles. The one smell that pops out to me is a warm vanilla - it smells amazing.

We spend the next hour smelling each and every candle and evaluating them. We can't decide which one we like best before we test them all - can we?

In the end, I buy an Apple Cider scented candle and a Hazelnut Coffee scented candle. My grandma loves candles, so hopefully this will be a good gift. It's not on my Christmas wish list, but I always have to get people the perfect present.

And I still need to find Liam a present - his has to be absolutely perfect. Ugh. Men are honestly the hardest people to shop for. For girls you can pretty much just get clothing, jewelry, makeup, candles, or something along the sorts and they'll be happy. What are you supposed to get men? A watch? A comb?

"Let's get ice cream," I suggest. Christmas shopping is so exhausting.

"I second that," she replies.

We head to the food court and get in line at the ice cream shop. I get the typical chocolate ice cream in a cone. I never change that up and I probably never will. I'm not very open to new things, especially foods.

We take our ice creams and sit down at one of the tables.

Mel starts talking, "So...guess what!"

"What?" I say, with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Adam knows someone!"

"Great for Adam?"

"You're so stupid; I meant someone for you."

"Oooh, yay. Are they normal?"

"Yes!"

"Ew."

"Adam says he's just like you, though!"

"So he's not normal?"

"Sure."

I ask when I get to meet this mysterious man suitor and she responds, "Saturday. Not tomorrow Saturday, but the one after tomorrow."

"Ugh, I can't. I'm going to Paris."

Her eyes widen, "Why do you make that sound like a bad thing?! Why are you going there?"

"Liam and the guys are going there for promo and he invited me," I explain.

"Lucky." She eats a bit of ice cream before suggesting, "Have Liam be your boyfriend, then."

I choke on the ice cream I'm eating, "E-excuse me?"

Me? And Liam? Dating? That's like...never going to happen. Liam doesn't like me that way! I don't like him that way! We love each other in the best friend kind of way. If we wanted to date, we would've sometime in the past two years that we've known each other.

"You're always together anyway," she points out.

"But I wouldn't date him! I mean...he's my best friend!"

"Then what am I?"

"My bitch?"

"That's nice."

***

I'm sort of having a mini-heart attack outside of my flat. I can't find my freaking key. I dig through my purse for it, and finally I find it in my wallet. I wonder how it got there.

I open up my door and within seconds I see my younger sister jump out screaming, "Boo!"

I begin screaming on the top my lungs. She begins screaming back at me and then we scream for about ten seconds straight. This happens anytime one of us try to scare each other - the one being scared starts screaming which freaks out the scarer so they scream too. And the screaming usually goes on for a little bit until it dawns on us that neither of us are ax murderers.

"Sana, what the fuck are you doing in my apartment?! I swear, I think I just pissed my pants!"

She's hunched over laughing now. I run over and tackle her (somewhat playfully). I pin her to the ground, "WHY ARE YOU HERE?"

"I- w-wanted to su-surprise you!" She says between laughs.

"Well congrats, you surprised the shit out of me! Do you want me to die of heart problems?"

"Jos, chill. It was a joke!"

"Whatever. Why are you all dressed up?"

"'Cause I'm in London for a weekend and you're gonna take me clubbing, obvi."

I chuckle as I get up from the ground, "Um, no. You can't even drink yet."

"Then you'll buy me a drink?"

"Can't we just stay in and be lazy?"

"Nope."

"Ugh, fine. Let me go become pretty." I hurry into my room to pick out a suitable outfit.

How is it that my little sister controls me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weee another update. I'm gonna update Ever After later today or tomorrow morning, so keep an eye out fo dattt. :) sorry this chapter was kinda short (1 PAGE!?) & boring - it leads to other stuff, you get me?

And this is dedicated to @lovelost123 because her comment last chapter made me laugh. Plus she didn't go to sleep because I updated so that's sweet :) thanks!

Tell me what you thought?! Comment && vote!! :)

xoxo

10 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS ; DYING NOW CAUSE I GOTTA FINISH THIS BY THEN