Chapter 3

A chime goes off as another person enters the coffee shop. I work at this place called Jitters. It's a small place owned by this cute old lady but we have the best coffee in the world. Especially our candycane coffee.

I look up from the inventory that I'm working on and I see Melissa.

"Hey, ugly," I say.

"Hello, fattie."

"I'm almost done with this. When I'm done, I'll make us coffee and I'll take my break."

"'Kay. I'm gonna take a sit right here and watch your every move." She tells me, sitting on one of the high chairs at the counter.

I start working a little faster, just because I want to be done and have my break. Once I'm finished, I file the inventory, take my apron off, and make two cups of candycane coffee. I swing around the counter and sit down on the chair next to Mel.

"So guess what."

"Santa decided that he wanted to give you extra presents and he sent you a letter in reply to your letter to him saying that he will give you those extra presents and wrap them in sparkly wrapping paper and will also give you one of his elves so you aren't completely friendless?"

She shakes her head, "I wish. But no. Adam wants to spend Christmas with me at his cottage!"

"Seriously?!"

"Yes!"

"Aw, that's so cute. You're going to have so much fun. I want to go on vacation with a cute boyfriend. The struggle."

"If you want a boyfriend, I can ask Adam if he knows anybody."

"And how come that thought never occurred to you before?!" I laugh slightly, combing my bangs behind my ear. "No, don't do that. That's kind of weird, isn't it?"

"Not really. I mean, nowadays a bunch of people get set up through mutual friends."

"Yeah. I guess. Yeah, ask him. I wanna have a boyfriend before Christmas. You know, someone to kiss under a mistletoe and shit."

She gasps, "Why didn't you tell me? I would've already started 'Mission: Find Josie a Boyfriend' so much sooner!"

I shake my head with a small laugh, "Just make sure you don't make me sound desperate to people you try to set me up with."

"Are you desperate?"

Am I desperate? That's the real question, isn't it? I kind of just want a boyfriend. It's not like I'll take anybody I can get - that's what a desperate person would do, right? So I'm not desperate, but I really just want a boyfriend. Really really badly. I think.

"I'm not... but I really want a boyfriend for Christmas. Just like, put one in a box and wrap him up - don't forget an oxygen tank - and then surprise me with him."

"You got it, dude," she says in a Michelle Tanner voice. Full House over life.

After we finish our coffee, Mel leaves and I get back to work. Once my shift is over, I decide to do Christmas shopping. I still need to find presents for my three grandparents, my parents, and Liam.

My shopping takes me all over the city, even to the town outside of London where I grew up. After a long time, I end up buying my dad this wireless mobile charger thing - he's always complaining about how his phone has the shortest battery life. For my mom I get a weekend spa getaway for four (that's why I went to my hometown - I had to go to a specific spa). She never really complains about anything, but anyone could tell that she's stressed out. Especially with Sana being Sana, your typical moody teenager, and all. Plus, she never has time to see her friends so I thought she'd enjoy a nice, relaxing weekend with them. For my one grandma, I buy a big fuzzy blanket and warm fuzzy slippers because her house is always freezing. I couldn't come up with anything for my other set of grandparents, so I guess I'll have to do that later. And I need to get a present for Liam; I need to find the perfect present.