Chapter 11

LAST CHAPTER :(

Read my long authors note at the end of this chapter, please!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finish wrapping all of the presents I got for everyone and let me just say, my wrapping is perfect. I guess that's tooting my own horn or whatever, but seriously. I think I deserve an award for being such a good wrapper.

Christmas is in three days and I have everyone's presents. I'd say that I've been pretty successful on present-buying this year because last year I went shopping on Christmas Eve. I think I deserve a sticker for that on top of my award for wrapping.

As for my boyfriend mission, I think I'm just going to give up on that. I mean, Christmas is three days away. I could call Sam, but I really have no motivation to. He's everything I could ask for in a guy, yet there's something about him that just doesn't click with me. But it's not really him, it's me.

Did I seriously just say that?

Whoever wrote me that letter and gave me those flowers has yet to be discovered, but who really cares? There's no doubt that I would date whoever sent them without question, but it was probably just a joke someone pulled on me. My sisters and Melissa denied that it was them, but I'm still sure they're guilty. Oh well.

I get up and head into my kitchen. I open up my freezer and pull out a tub of Panda Paws to celebrate my award for wrapping and sticker for present buying. I have to find excuses to eat ice cream, don't I?

I usually opt for chocolate ice cream, but I'm in a Panda Paws type of mood. That's why I keep it in there - for those times that I'm not feeling chocolate. Things as important as this need to be well thought out beforehand.

I sit at my countertop and dig in with a large spoon. I pull out my phone and scroll through my Instagram feed. I decide to post a picture of me with my ice cream. I'm a cool cat.

I really need to start doing something with my life. I should go to Uni. Maybe that will be my New Years Resolution! To go to Uni and get something accomplished. Maybe I'll get a real job and finally become a writer like I've always wanted.

A knock on the door interrupts my daydreaming. I drop my spoon and get up to figure out who my daydream crusher is.

I flash a wide smile as soon as I realize who it is, "Hey, Liam! Wow, it's been like four days. It feels like forever." I give him a hug, but he hardly hugs me back. "Like for-eva. You get me? You get me, Liam? you get me? You know how I get shaky after having ice cream and get all hyper? You should know that I'm eating Panda Paws right now so you're experiencing that hyperness and shakine-"

He puts his hand on his head and runs it over what little hair he has. "No, Josie, please stop. I need to tell you something and it can't wait. If you keep talking and being all perfect I'll convince myself not to do this and I really need to do this. I need to do this now."

I raise my eyebrow, "Okay."

"Look, that letter. The flowers. It was me. It was all me. It wasn't a joke. I actually feel that way about you," he drags his eyes up from the ground to meet mine. "I'm not trying to pull a prank on you. I'm crazy about you and I thought that if you felt the same way about me you'd know that it was me from the letter. I left it unsigned because I thought maybe you wouldn't know since you didn't feel the same way and therefore I wouldn't ruin our friendship like I kind of am right now. Also because I'm a wimp but that's besides the point.