I wanted to be anywhere but here

When I woke up, Niall was gone. Either he woke up and went down stairs or he's in the bathroom. Maybe it was all a dream. The coffee, the tears and the kiss, were all nonexistent. They were all figments of my imagination.  You're ridiculous Annabelle; it was real.

 I stood up from my bed and looked in the mirror. You could tell I was crying last night from the redness around my eyes, but it wasn't as bad as it has been the past few mornings. I grabbed my phone and then walked out of my room and towards the stairs. Just as I imagined, all the boys were awake and Harry was making breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and stood towards the side. "Good morning sleepy head!" Louis said and started laughing.

"Yeah, I was up pretty late last night. I couldn't really sleep." I told them. I looked over at Niall who was looking at me and when our eyes met he looked down. I guess what happened last night was going to be our little secret.

"So it was you who was making the coffee at three in the morning?" Liam asked me.

"You were awake?" I asked him. Maybe he saw Niall and I talking.

"Not really. I smelled the coffee and when I looked at the clock and saw it was 3:10 I went back to bed." Liam laughed.

"Oh." I laughed too. Thank god he didn't see. I wasn't really in the mood to explain anything to him. I ate my breakfast in silence as all the boys made jokes. I laughed along but I was secretly wishing this would all end; all of it. I wished I would stop suffering. No matter what I did Niall will never want me. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep doing this before I crack. Before I just give up and shut down. I can't live like this forever.

After the boys finished breakfast they went out to go do who knows what. They invited me but I declined; I really didn't need to spend any more time with Niall today. I didn't really know what to do with myself though. The boys were pretty much my only friends. I do have celebrity friends, but most of them are on tour or something along those lines. I started scrolling down my contacts in my phone. Miley Cyrus, out of town, Kylie Jenner, on vacation, Blake Lively, filming, Ariana Grande I think she's in town actually. I clicked her name and my phone started to dial.

"Hey Annabelle, how've you been?" Ariana asked me as she answered the phone.

"I've been good, what about you?" I asked.

"I'm good. How's Jai?" I asked her.

"I broke up with him, but how are you and Harry?" she asked.

"Yeah I broke up with him too." I laughed.

"So I guess we're both single girls." She laughed.

"Yeah." I laughed too. "So I was wondering if you wanted to go out today. Maybe we could go shopping and then we could go out to lunch."

"Yeah sure! That sounds great."

"Ok so we'll meet at the mall at 2:00."

"See you then!" She said and hung up. I walked into my closet and put on a grey t-shirt dress and a flannel. I grabbed my phone off the dock and walked down stairs. No one was home, as usual so I grabbed some money and my keys and then walked out to my car.

I pulled into a parking spot outside the mall and then walked to the entrance. I got there and Ariana was already waiting there for me. I walked over to her and then she turned around and saw me. "Ariana!" I said as I gave her a hug.

"Annabelle! It's been so long! You look good." Ariana said.

"Thanks! So do you!" I said as we pulled away from the hug.

"Well let's go get our shopping on!" Ariana said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the mall.

"What about this one?" I asked her as I walked out of the dressing room. I was wearing a long dark blue dress with long sleeves. There was a slit down the side and it opened up at the top also. (This is Selena Gomez's dress from the VMAs 2013)

"You look, hot." Ariana said. Her mouth dropped to the floor. "You have to buy that." She ordered.

"You really think?" I asked her as I looked in the mirror. If she was right then it would be a pretty good kick in the face to Niall.

"Yes! Now buy it!" Ariana said.

"Ok, ok." I laughed and walked back into the dressing room. I pick out a few more things and then we went to the check out. After I bought the stuff I was pretty satisfied. "Now we have to go pick out a dress for you!" I said as we walked out of the store. We walked a little bit and then found another store. When we got in Ariana immediately found a dress she loved.

"This one! I love it, don't you?" She asked me, holding up the dress.

"It's gorgeous!" I answered. I walked over with Ariana to try it on and of course it looked amazing on her. We picked out a few other things and then we checked out.

Ariana and I walked into this little restaurant down the block from the mall. There was seating outside so we took our seat and then skimmed through the menu. "So Annabelle, if you don't mind me asking, what happened between you and Harry?" Ariana asked. I took a deep breath; I should have seen this coming.

"Well it's kind of a long story, but I'll make it short. I kind of thought I loved him, but I never really did, well at least not in a romantic way. Anyway I ended it and now the guy I ended it for doesn't want me." I told her, but left out most of the details.

"Aw Annabelle I'm so sorry to hear that! Do I know this mystery man?" Ariana asked me. I was not about to tell her about the Niall thing too, so I lied.

"No, he's an old friend from my childhood."

"Oh, well I'd just wait. He'll come around eventually."

"Thanks Ariana." After we ordered it didn't take too long to get our food. We ate our food and talked about Ariana's work and how she's going to be in a movie this fall; I promised I'd go to the premiere with her.

After we paid and were done with everything I invited Ariana back to my house. She said yes so we hopped in my car and I started driving to my house. With all the excitement I forgot that the boys would probably be hanging around my house, like always. It was too late now, because when we pulled up, all their cars were in the driveway. "The boys are here, aren't they?" Ariana asked.

"Yup. We don't have to stay if you don't wasn't to." I told her. I was hoping she would say she didn't want to stay so I wouldn't have to see Niall, but that didn't work.

"I don't mind." She said. I tried my best to act like I wanted to be here, when honestly I wanted to be anywhere but here.