Infatuation

Chapter's song: The heart wants what it wants by Selena Gomez. Seemed fitting ;)

҉ A ƤriƝɕҽsslɣ CoƝƝҽCƬioƝ ҉

ChaPtEr ELEvEn _________________________

Infatuation

"So, tell me...are you surrounded by Latin Gods?" As soon as I finished talking to Mom, I texted Valerie. She had just called me and that was her greeting. I burst laughing as she added, "Seriously, do tell me...my life here has been complete hell. My mother has been nagging me to no end and my best-friend is on the other side of the planet. I'm utterly bored and depressed..."

She did sounded bored. I felt bad for her. Apparently, she was having the worst time. Her mom was making her work with her and she couldn't go out because she was grounded and didn't have money, since her Mom was also taking her paycheck to pay for the police officer's hospital bills.

"I'm really sorry, Val..." I trailed feeling completely guilty. Because I was supposed to be grounded as well. I was penniless but I was having a great time.

When I learned that my parents were sending me to Mexico, I had complained endlessly; they were overreacting and whatnot. However, being honest, being sent to here was turning out to be awesome. I was meeting new people and I could be me...

I'd never felt so free in my life.

She sighed, "I think it's my penance for making you help me."

"You didn't make me. I'm your bestie, it's my duty to help you out on any crazy scheme you plan." She chuckled but I could tell that she wasn't in the best of moods. My stomach churned uneasily. I wanted to be there for her but at the same time I didn't.

That made me feel worst. What kind of friend was I?

"It was pretty stupid, wasn't it?"

"I'm really hoping that you do talk to Pete, Val."

She snorted, "I think he doesn't want to know anything about me!"

Valerie was so clueless. Shaking my head, I added "I think the whole reason we did that was because he was all over you!"

She grunted, "You know what? Enough about me. Please bring some joy to my life and do tell me what you've been up to!"

Chuckling, I laid in bed watching the vent rotate and started to play with a few bangs of my hair. Since it was really hot during the day, I braided it or have it up on a ponytail; but as soon as I got to my room, I let it loose. "You know, it's been hard work...I've been helping out in the kitchen and stuff like that..."

Val huffed. She was probably rolling her eyes, too. "I would just like to point out that I'm spending all my savings on this call. Mom's probably going to make me pay for it," she muttered irritated, "So you better stop feeling crappy and get to the good parts already!"

I loved her. That's why she was my best friend.

Narrating my stay from day one, I told her about all the important facts in not so many words. I didn't tell her about Jason, though. Sadly, there was not much to tell anyway. She didn't need to hear that I had gaped at him on numerous occasions. The fact that it happened was embarrassing enough.

"I think my mother needs to talk to your parents." Valerie said in her most serious tone, making me laugh at my best-friend. "Seriously, if partying on the beach is a punishment on your house, I'm so moving there! Mom will just have to find a new employee!"