What a Familiar Stranger

Current Date: April 5, 2016

It was a day like every other, literally. Olivia Elephanta woke up at exactly 8:01 am, to the sound of her sister brushing her teeth in their connecting bathroom like she did every morning. Olivia was reluctant to get up as usual, for she wasn't a morning person. Every night she wore the same ensemble to bed. This included her black knit sleep shorts with two of Enoch's t-shirts layered over herself (black long sleeve underneath a grey band tee he once picked up while traveling outside the loop briefly (not long enough for him to perish obviously)). As she was discovering herself over the years, she quickly grew tired of the frilly white nightgown her mother had packed for her and raided her best friend's closet for better taste.

Her hair was tied up in a messy bun like always, so the first thing she did was take it down to then shake out. Olivia's hair was still a bit damp from her shower the night before, but then again, when was it not. She waltzed into the bathroom, Olive already wearing the same green dress she had worn for decades, simply because it suited her. She also was already wearing her black fireproof gloves, reminding Olivia to put on her ear pieces before she could pay attention to the thoughts of the children stirring around her.

Thankfully, they sat right next to the sink where she left them, so reaching far/searching for them wouldn't be an issue. Olivia too, quickly brushed her teeth, before heading downstairs to breakfast. On the post at the bottom of the stairs hung her vest that she grabbed on her way to breakfast. As always, Horace and Olive were the only two who didn't look like heathens who had just rolled out of bed, so they happily buzzed around the kitchen, setting the table for the important meal. Like always, there was the cereal option, as well has pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and fresh fruit.

Olivia met Enoch by the coffee pot as the both worked around each other in pouring their straight black drink. Both enjoyed the bitterness of the drink, claiming that it soothed their migraines which actually was partially true. Enoch also took this time to help Olivia loosely adjust her vest. He knew he would have to do it again after she was dressed, but he didn't mind helping her out for breakfast, since a lot of the time, that was when emotions were running their highest.

Olivia also poured her and Enoch their favorite cereal with milk and fixed them each a bowl of fruit, also grabbing a couple pieces of bacon before the younger kids could dig in. As they all settled in, Miss Peregrine was seen sitting at the head of the table, reading the paper from the real world to catch up on the latest news. Sometimes she would share, but today was seemingly a quiet day, so all that was heard was the clatter of silverware and hushed talk of dreams and late night thoughts.

Though the children of Miss Peregrine's home didn't have access to the modern technology of the world, they had plenty of other tasks at hand to keep them busy. Miss Peregrine like to pride herself on how up to date (knowledge wise) her kids were, in turn being one of the main reasons she read the paper every morning.

At exactly 8:57, both Enoch and Olivia got up to help clear away the dishes, seemingly in a bit of a better mood than when they initially got up.

It wasn't until 9:13 that the kitchen and dining room were put back in order, and Olivia & Enoch could begin to get ready for the day. Before parting ways at Olivia's door, Enoch helped her out of the vest and reminded her to remove her ear pieces before for they could get lost in the change of clothes.

Slipping off into her room, she swiftly changed into her black dress as she did every day, remembering to also pull on her black panty hoes. Though she hated the things, they reminded her of home, and even with those being hostile memories, they still provided a since of comfort from her time period.

Next was the task of lacing up her black combat boots which she could now do easily in under 10 minutes. Her hair didn't have many tangles, so she gave it a quick brush through before adjusting the comfortable fitting ear pieces back in place, quickly relieving her of the oncoming migraine spell from all the bustling noise.