Chapter 1

So.  Life sucks.  It’s been only one day of being powerless and I can’t do anything!  Nothing exciting has happened.  Aqua was busy saving the world and being a superhero, so I’m stuck here.  Alone.

No advances had been made to get my powers back.  None of the doctors had ever seen anything like this before.  I wasn’t allowed to leave the complex because I was defenseless, but luckily there is a lot of space.  I was sitting in the library reading, when the door swung open.  I glanced up and I swear my heart stopped.

Sometimes I’m glad I’m not allowed to leave, because I don’t want some people to see me like this.  But two of those people showed up here.  Alpha, who was super smart and overly confident in his intelligence, and Dominator, the hot athletic superhero.  We were friends when we were training in school, but now we are older and always competing to see who’s more powerful.  Obviously I would lose right now.

I tried to duck down so they wouldn’t see me, but sure enough:

“Hey, Titanium. What are you doing here?” Dominator asked me.  Had he gotten more muscular since I last saw him, or was it just that I was weaker?

“Reading.”

“Sarcastic as always,” Alpha said.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m helping with physical therapy for the patients here,” Dominator said.  “Alpha’s collecting data from the libraries.”

Dominator walked over (more like super-speeded) and grabbed my book.  “Give it back,” I said.

“Come and get it,” Dominator said.  He smiled and threw it into the air.  They both look surprised when I didn’t move.  The book bounced off the wall and knocked over one of the bookcases.  I glared at Dominator and didn’t notice the bookcase falling until it nearly crushed me.

Dominator pulled it off me and helped me into a chair that wasn’t crushed.  So much for not telling anyone about losing my powers.  That goal ended very quickly.

“You almost killed me!”

“You didn’t do anything to stop it!” Alpha said.

“What do you want me to do?” I nearly shouted.

“Stop the bookcase.  Use your force field.  Move!” Alpha responded.

“What’s wrong?” Dominator asked.

“What do you mean?”

“You never miss an opportunity to show off or prove you’re better than us.”

“Maybe I don’t feel like it today.”

“Is that really why?”

“I wasn’t going to tell anyone this, but I lost my powers.”

“What?!” Dominator and Alpha said at the same time.

“Yep.  Spirit has been working on something and tada, I’m here.”

“We can help you get your powers back,” Dominator said.

“Really?  That would be great.  Then I can go back to kicking your butts.”

“Or maybe we won’t help you,” Dominator said, but he smiled.

I rolled my eyes.  “So, I’m not allowed to leave the complex.”

“No problem!  Alpha and I will come to you!”

“We will?” Alpha asked.

I think Dominator got a little nicer since I last saw him.  But that was about a year ago.

“Yes, we will.”

“Great!” I said.  “Let’s get started!”