Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next day, Alpha was on a mission.  Personally, I don’t know how he fights crime.  He’s smart, and with somewhat quick reaction time, he doesn’t have extreme athleticism or powers that would benefit in a fight.

“How does Alpha fight villains?   He’s smart, not athletic,” I asked Dominator, who was lifting weights in the training room.  We were waiting for Aqua, who wasn’t showing up.

“He fights Shadow.  He uses illusions to trick people, Alpha uses his smarts and reasoning to figure out what’s true and what isn’t.”

“Huh.  Cool, I guess.  Not quite as cool as flying-“

“You can’t fly anymore.”

“Shut up!  Dominator, you can be so annoying sometimes.”

“Well Titanium, you can be overconfident and cocky.”  Then we both laughed.  We decided to get started since Aqua hadn’t shown up yet.  After a few hours of working together on basic exercises, Aqua came in.

“Sorry Ti.  I had to go to The Training Center today to meet my new assigned trainee, Riptide.  He’s tiny and adorable but has no idea how to do anything.  I really hope we weren’t like that back then.”

“We probably were,” Dominator said.

“So I’ll be right back.  I forgot to check in and I don’t want the security guards to come after me.”  She disappeared into a puddle of water.

“We had to check in?” Dominator said with a smile and a sarcastic tone.

“You’re wearing the name tag.  You added a little flexed bicep on the end of the ‘r’.”

He laughed.  “So how come Aqua gets to call you Ti and I don’t?”

“Cuz Aqua’s my friend.”

“And I’m not?”

“Fine.  You can call me Ti as long as Alpha doesn’t and I get to call you a nickname.”

“I don’t have a nickname.”

“Really?  Well, then I’ll give you one.”

Dominator rolled his eyes.  “Like what?”

“You could do something that relates to your powers, like, um, Strong Guy?” I said uncertainly.  This was harder than I thought.

He laughed.  “Try again.”

“Then I’ll do something with your name.  Tor, Nator, umm.  Oh!  I got it!  Dom.”

“Dom,” he paused.  “I like it.”

I groaned.  “That’s not the point.  I don’t like everyone calling me Ti, so you shouldn’t like me calling you Dom.”

“Fine, then.  It bothers me.  I hate it.  Never call me that.”

I put my hands on my hips.  “Make me.”  Next thing I knew, I was pinned up against the wall.  That super speed and super strength thing was really annoying.  “Ok.  You proved your point.  Put me down now.”  I don’t like it when my feet aren’t touching the ground and I can’t fly.  It makes me afraid of falling.

Dom dropped me.  I landed on my feet.  “You know what, Ti?” he began.  “You’re more fun than I thought.”

I smiled.  “Same to you.”

“Doing anything for dinner tonight?”

I smiled bigger.  “Only if you feel like eating cafeteria food.”

“They’ll let you leave as long as you wear one of the trackers and stay with me.  I am one of the greatest superheroes.”

“So was I, but that changed quickly,” I responded bitterly.  Then Aqua reappeared.

“The line was horrible!  How many people need name tags?  Are you ready to start?”

“We just finished,” I replied.

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh.  What do you want to do now?”

“I was going to go with Dom to see if I could leave with him to get dinner.”

Aqua smiled.  “I hope you can.  Have fun!”  She gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, “Tell me how it goes, and if anything goes wrong, you know how to reach me.”  I had a bottle of water which was really Aqua’s blood and if I smashed the vial, then she would get a signal to come to wherever I smashed it.  She could then teleport to the puddle of water.

“See ya!” I said, I Dom and I walked towards the security desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just so everyone knows, I've begun to cowrite with @fockeyprincess.  This is the first chapter of this book she's wrote with me, and she's helped with one of the Teenage  Spy Story chapters so far (as of 2/10/15).

As for this book, I think Dom and Ti make a cute couple.  Tell me if you think their "date"/dinner will work out.  Comment, vote, fan, etc.