The Airport

[ it may not seem like a lot, but every vote counts. to everyone who has ever supported my story - thank you. it means the world. xx ] 

Chapter Nine | The Airport

I shoved the few possessions I owned into the duffle bag Charlie so graciously supplied. What was the weather even like in England? I didn't have a lot of clothes in Elizabeth's apartment so I packed my entire closet and hoped for the best. I remembered to grab my purse (which thankfully held my passport) and then I was out the door.

"Penny? Millie?" I called. They obediently appeared from their bedrooms, dragging their suitcases behind them. Elizabeth was waiting for us at the door, tapping her foot impatiently.

"It certainly took you long enough," She grumbled. Her forehead was wrinkled in anger and her eyes flickered nervously to her phone. "We can't miss this flight. One of my models canceled last minute and the makeup artist refuses to work with anyone else. This is a bloody disaster!" She took a calming breath before gathering her luggage. "Take their passports." She shoved two small booklets in my direction. "And whatever you do --- don't lose them." I nodded and safely tucked them into my purse.

Charlie was already in the stretch limousine waiting at the curb. His face was illuminated by the glow from his iPhone and I was momentarily taken aback by just how handsome he actually was. He had a strong jaw-line but his large blue eyes gave him an air innocence. And that hair . . .

Focus, Felicity! I blushed, thankful that he couldn't hear my thoughts. The limo sped through city streets and I watched the world fly by in a blur. Penny and Millie had an unexpected burst of energy and they spent the entire ride to the airport chattering about all the things they were going to do in London. They wanted to ride a big red bus, visit the Peter Pan Park, and meet One Direction. I began laughing at the last part. "Who's your favorite member?" I asked curiously. (In all honesty, I'm a Niall girl myself).

Millie giggled. "Zayn."

"Hey! I called Zayn," Penny objected. "He's my favorite."

Charlie simply rolled his eyes and muttered "girls" underneath his breath.

"What, you're not a fan of boy bands?" I gasped in mock surprise. "Admit it, Charlie. Deep down in your dark, cold soul there's an inner fangirl swooning over Harry Styles."

Charlie began violently choking on his spit and to my surprise even Elizabeth laughed. "I don't listen to boybands." Charlie spat out the word as if it was an insult. "Are you questioning my masculinity?" I grinned, turning to Elizabeth.

"Ms. Parker, do you have any embarrassing stories about Charlie that you'd like to share?"

Elizabeth only laughed mischievously. "Remember when you made me take you to a 'Jonas Brothers' concert?" We watched as Charlie's face turned bright red.

"I was in the fifth grade!"

"He was absolutely obsessed," Elizabeth continued. " He made a sign and everything." I couldn't prevent myself from bursting into laughter. Tears began to stream down my cheeks and I let out a couple of un-ladylike snorts.