Babysitting for Dummies

[ so i really hope this is good! i had to rewrite this chapter because wattpad was being a butt-face. yeah, annoying. thanks for your incredible support . . . and if you don't mind, could you please take a second to vote for this chapter? i can't put into words how much you guys mean to me. thanks xx ]

Chapter Five | Babysitting for Dummies

I followed Elizabeth carefully up to her apartment. When she finally opened the door I gasped. She owned two flipping floors! Cream carpeting covered the floors and expensive art hung on the walls. My mouth was open in shock as I took in the modern furniture and the spotless kitchen (which was probably two times the size of my bedroom). "This is..." I was speechless. A mahogany staircase led to the second floor and her balcony had a breathtaking view of central park, complete with a rose garden. God, how rich is she?

And for the first time since I met her, Elizabeth smiled genuinely. Then she had to ruin it. "The marble was imported from Italy. If you break anything it comes straight out of your paycheck. Got it? Good." She didn't wait for me to reply, instead fixing her hair in the mirror. "I'll show you to your room and then we can discuss--"

"I have a room?" I cut her off in surprise. "I'm sorry but I think there's been a big misunderstanding. I'm not sure what I expected, but definitely not a full-time job as a nanny. I have school and I can't possibly study and dance while watching your twins. I'm very sorry." I took a breath, realizing that I had been rambling.

"Are you quite finished?" Elizabeth's sharp tone took me by surprise. "Do you think I would have hired you without completing a thorough background check? Yesterday my assistants spent three hours learning everything there is to know about you, down to every single boyfriend you've ever had."

"But I've never had a boyfriend," I spluttered in embarrassment.

"Exactly." Elizabeth smiled smugly. "Your room is for when I leave on long business trips and you have to stay with the girls. You'll make breakfast for my children before walking them to school. I realize you're busy with schoolwork and dance. You rehearse at the Leopold Dance Studio, correct?" I nodded, amazed (and alarmed!) at how much information she had uncovered. "Their kindergarten is five minutes away from their kindergarten so you can continue to your classes when you're done dropping them off. And the same goes for after school. Got it?" I nodded. "You'll work whenever I need you. My job is hectic, so I'm not quite sure of the timing. through Thursdays, or whenever I need you."

"What about you?" The question blurted from my mouth.

"Pardon?"

"Don't you ever watch them?" I wished the ground would swallow me up. Nice move, Felicity. Nice move. Bring up her parenting methods, why don't you?

Elizabeth's eyes narrowed and she chose to ignore my question. "Here is everything you need to know." She handed me a fat stack of papers.

"When do I get to meet the girls?" I asked timidly. As if answering my question, the doorbell rang.

"Perfect timing," Elizabeth said.

I braced myself as the door slowly opened, revealing . . . possibly the two cutest girls I had ever seen. They were dressed in matching sundresses with knee socks and hair pulled into pigtails. I resisted the urge to squeal when I saw their mini Louis Vuitton backpacks. They studied me curiously before turning to Elizabeth.

"Mum, who is she?"

"Will she be our new babysitter?"

They had the voices of angels.