17 : ̗̀➛ promises

As Akaza frantically typed in the number and texted Tanjiro, Y/n was looking around the bar she was at

"Hm, 'm kinda hungry. Maybe I'll order some food." She thought to herself.

That's what she did. She ordered something quick. While Y/n was having the time of her life, Tanjiro had gotten into his car as soon as he received a message from Akaza.
"I hope she's okay." He silently said to himself.

Y/n eventually got bored, paid, and left the bar. In her drunken state, she walked by a few stores before she decided she wanted a donut. Tanjiro saw her just as she was about to cross the street. He parked his car as quickly as he could while simultaneously keeping an eye on her.

Y/n was about to open the door to the donut shop when she suddenly heard her name being called.
"Y/n-san!"
"That's me!" She smiled.
However, her smile soon faltered when she saw Tanjiro.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Akaza-san...told me to come...get you..." Tanjiro panted seeing as he had ran to get to Y/n.
"That's it?" Y/n asked, a frown making its way onto her face.

"Y-Yeah. Let's go, I'll take you home..." Tanjiro smiled.
Y/n shook her head.
"If Akaza told you to do this then you don't have to...I can go home by myself." She said.

"Are you sure, Y/n-san? You're drunk and I'm worried something might-"
"Why are you worried? I didn't ask you to be, I can take care of myself. Now bye." Y/n furrowed her brows and began to walk away before Tanjiro stopped her.

"Y/n-san, I care about you. I've come to terms with that, if I'm being honest," Tanjiro pulled Y/n close to him.
"I love you." He confessed.
Y/n's eyes widened.
"You don't...you don't love Kanao?" She asked.

Tanjiro smiled softly and shook his head.
"There's a reason why I was with her for about 2 days," He said and reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a small box.
"I love you, Y/n-san, I really do so will you be my girlfriend?" Tanjiro asked.

Y/n smiled.
"Of course." She said and hugged him.
Tanjiro smiled.
"Well, since it's obviously a little early to get married I um..got us these," Tanjiro said, pulling away from the hug and opening the box.
"Promise rings." He blushed.

Y/n chuckled.
"I um just want you to know that I plan to spend the rest of my life with you, Y/n-san. I love you." He said, slipping the ring onto her finger.
"I love you, too, Tanjiro." Y/n said.

Tanjiro cupped her cheeks and leaned in, his lips colliding with Y/n's. They finally kissed, it felt so sweet, great, and so right.

Tanjiro had made a promise to her and he would fulfill it.

To Be Continued

[Lol I'm supposed to be doing homework rn but ELA can wait 😌👍]