My Secret Life [Chap. 1]

I'm Alix Sinclair.

And I have a huge secret that nobody, not even my best friends know about.

I'm secretly emo. Like badly, but not bad enough to the point of having to go to the hospital. I've always been able to patch myself up pretty good.

Even though I'm emo, I go with the scene style. I have black hair that goes down to about five inches above my belly-button and blue eyes.

You're probably wondering; Why be emo? Why hurt yourself like that?

Well, the answer is simple. My life sucks. My mom is a drunk, and my dad is abusive. I'm not even sure if my friends are actually my friends. I have trust issues. It's hard to earn my trust, and if you ever break the trust you have with me, there's no second chances. I don't like getting hurt by people I care about, and them hurting me just tells me how much they really don't care about me, so why bother with second chances?

*****

I woke up the next day and groaned. It was Monday, which ment school.

It's not the best thing in my life, but I don't exactly hate it. It's good to be away from my parents. You get tired of having a drunken mom and an abusive dad.

You see, the thing about my dad is the fact that when he abuses me, it doesn't leave a mark on me for very long. So, I wouldn't be able to call in the police station to report abuse, because to do that, you have to have a mark left on your body for atleast twenty-four hours.

When I had finished getting ready for the day, I trekked downstairs, grabbed my car keys, and snuck out the front door. I always get up early so I can spend some time to myself before I have to go to school and be with my friends and people who are just plain annoying.

I pulled into my favorite coffee shop.

"Hey Nikki," I said cheerfully.

"Hey Alix. How are you?" she asked me.

"Pretty good. You?"

"Good."

Nikki and I have become decent friends. She's about seven years older than me. I'm fifteen.

Since I come here almost every day, we always chat until I need to go or until there's the occasional rush in the morning.

"So," I said. "Any cute guys pass through yesterday?" I asked her. We loved talking about guys. I'd always tell her about the cute guys I see at school and the cute guys I see at the mall or any other places. She tells me about the cute guys that come through the coffee shop.

She chuckled. "Just one."

"Deets," I said.

She laughed again. "Tall and skinny. With a lip ring. He had black hair and blue eyes like you do. He looked to be about sixteen."

"Interesting," I replied.

"Did you see any cute guys?" She asked.

"Yupp."

She motioned for me with her hands to continue.

"He was tall and skinny with blond side-swept hair and bangs that covered his forehead."

"Interesting," she replied in the same tone of voice I had moments ago.

I cracked a smile. "Well, I'm gonna get going. I'll probably c'ya tomorrow. Bye Nikki," I said, while walking out the front door. I had been in there for longer than I expected.

"Bye Alix," she replied, waving to me.

I waved back, and hopped into my car. I turned the radio on softly, and made my way out of the parking lot.

When I got to school, I parked my car, and walked into the building. I'm always here about five or ten minutes before all the other students. There's usually only four or five others here early with me.

I went to my locker, put my back pack and purse in my locker, and grabbed the stuff I need for my first two class periods.

I closed my locker door, and walked away from it. Then, I went to my first period class, which is science.

I took my usual seat in the back of the room.

My teacher doesn't mind if I listen to my ipod before the first bell rings, but then I have to put it away. I've been able to do that since the first day of school.

I put the ipod head phones in my ears, and put my head down on my desk.

About five minutes later, someone tapped my back.

I pulled the head phones out of my ears.

"Hmmm?" I asked my teacher.

"We have a new student today. His name is Ian Austin. I'd like you to show him around the school today and walk him to all of his classes. I'll write you an all day pass just in case you wind up late for a class, you won't be marked tardy."

"Thanks," I replied.

She walked off to her desk to write my pass.

Then the guy named Ian walked up to me, and I was extremely shocked to be met with the guy that Nikki had described.

"Let me look at your schedule," I told him, masking my shock well.

He wordlessly handed over a piece of paper containing his schedule.

I mulled it over. "Well, we have every class together except fourth period. This should be easy."

I handed his schedule back to him.

"Why don't you have a seat next to Alix," my teacher told him, while handing me my pass. Then she walked away.

I held out a hand. "Nice to meet you," I told him.

"You too," he replied while shaking my hand.

He didn't seem to thrilled about being here, and I didn't blame him. But I think he wanted to get off on the right foot with me. Which is probably a good idea, considering the fact that I'll be showing him around the school.

Shortly after, the bell rang to signal the start of school.

This'll be an interesting day...

------------------------------------------------

Well, that was the first part of this story. I hope you liked it.

Also, I'm kinda new to this site, so some feed back on how this went would be nice.

Thanks :)