13 - Kiss and Tell

Beth had a broken nose, three broken ribs, and a hair fracture in her arm

Beth had a broken nose, three broken ribs, and a hair fracture in her arm. She was hospitalized for a while as she waited to heal up. She was given no information on how Charles was doing while she was hospitalized. Alex and Sean tried to keep her as calm as they could, but it ultimately ended with Henry keeping her calm. It was hard for her to not know how he was doing, especially after being shot like that. Once she was allowed out of her room, she had the ace wrap around her arm since they took the cast off. Her breathing even caused her pain due to her broken ribs.

"Beth..." Moira whispered when the woman caught sight of her, she waited outside of Charles' hospital room, "Be-before you go in... I-"

"Moira-" Beth released breathlessly, "I have been confined to my room and was left with no information on him, so please, just get out of my way."

Without talking back, Moira took a step away from the door looking down to the ground. Sean and Alex were already in the hospital room, Henry had already told Beth that he was going to speak to the doctor about getting them released from the hospital. Charles hadn't even lifted his head up when the door opened, simply believing that it was Moira who re-entered.

Feelings of relief and joy-filled Beth's mind, which was what made Charles look up at her. The dimness of his blue lifeless eyes were replaced with a bright twinkling light as he gazed upon Beth. Even with the bandage over her nose and messy hair, he still believed she was absolutely stunning.

"Charles-" Beth walked over to him, placing her palms against his cheeks.

This was not enough for Charles, he pulled her into his arms, his hand tangling with her long locks of brunette hair. He had been craving to hold her in his arms for days now, he had promised to not use his mutation on her but he could not help but use it to see Beth through the eyes of others, "God..." His whisper met her ears, sending a tingling feeling throughout her stomach, "I've missed you, Bethany."

Sean pursing his lips in a mixture of disgust and perplexity, "It's funny, you two have known each other for what? Two or so months?" He plopped himself down on the armrest beside the hospital bed, "And yet you're both so disgustingly lovey-dovey."

"Man-" Alex crossed his arms over his chest while eyeing Sean, "It's like I can feel this intense jealousy coming off of you."

"How is everything?" Beth pulled away from him, "No one would say anything about your condition."

Charles' eyes dimmed ever so slightly, "I know. I asked for them to keep quiet."

"Why?"

"I'm-" Charles swallowed hard, his eyes never wavering from Beth's, "I'm paralyzed, love."

Beth's shoulders dropped at his words, then slowly her arms wrapped back around him, she stuffed her face in the curve of his neck, "I'm so sorry, Charles."

"It's not your fault, love." Charles kissed her head softly, knowing that people were in the room but at the moment did not currently care, "There is no need for you to apologize."