2 - Friendly Conversation

Due to admitting that she was, in fact, a mutant, Bethany was forced to stay in a room at the CIA base, which was an annoyance to her

Due to admitting that she was, in fact, a mutant, Bethany was forced to stay in a room at the CIA base, which was an annoyance to her. Every time her mind thought of her actual bedroom, she could only frown because all of her stuff was basically abandoned. Her books, posters, artwork, sketchpads, her life was back at that apartment, she did not want this feeling of being monitored due to her mutations. She did feel happiness since she met others just as unique as she was, especially with the transformations, but felt even more happiness for Henry. He found a woman that actually like his mutation and found is fascinating. He really seemed to like Raven. Bethany's mind went to Charles now, there was something about him that just made her feel odd. She had never had someone stare at her as he did, his eyes were so focused on her that Bethany felt as if she was the only person in that large lab with him.

A knock interrupted her thoughts, she sat up abruptly from her bed, becoming oddly embarrassed for thinking of some guy. Pulling herself up from her bed, "Who is it?" Hearing knocking still left her frazzled, as if her parents would be on the other side of that door.

"It's Charles."

A wave of relief flowed through her, but at the same time she could feel her heart speed up a little. She allowed him to come inside, watching as the door closed obnoxiously slow. Charles actually waited at the door for a second, a little unsure if he should come and bother her like this since she obviously had an issue with her mutation. But he was entirely intrigued by her uniqueness that he couldn't help but want to know more about her and her mutations.

"Hey, do you need something?" Bethany winced slightly, hoping that it didn't come off as rude as she thought it did.

Mistakingly reading her thoughts, Charles smiled, he stopped beside the bed, "May I?"

Bethany looked at the spot beside her, "S-sure."

"I simply wanted to come and talk." Charles took a seat next to her, basically having no distance between the two of them, "It is not often that I meet mutants and since Raven is currently focused on your cousin Henry-" He added extra exaggeration to his name, "I thought it would give me the chance to come to chat with you."

A small smile appeared on her face at his over pronunciation of Henry's name, "I mean, I guess that is fine. What is it you'd like to talk about?" Conversations were never Bethany's strong point since she only ever spoke with Henry, but the only difference was that she knew basically everything about Henry. Bethany bit down on her lip gently while she gazed at Charles, there was nothing she knew about this man. He was some mutant she met the other day and even then he did not really speak about himself, leaving a lot to the imagination.

Charles gave her a sly grin, "I can change that."

Straightening her back, she grew flustered and pushed at his shoulder gently, "Isn't it rude to read other's minds?"

He couldn't help the laugh that escaped his lips, "Sorry, love, it's just your thoughts are screaming for me to read. I do not particularly like reading other's thoughts, but I do apologize for listening to yours."