Chapter Six

Edited: 8/15/21

"You still won't tell me what that dinky thing is for?" Leif questioned as he hung upside down off your cot as you worked endlessly on the stupid, frustrating ring.

"No." You whispered as you half-heartedly listened to his question anyways.

Suddenly, he grabbed your wrist and pinned you to the wall. "I bet I could convince you~" he purred into your ear seductively.

You took in a sharp air of breathe, the faint scent of pine swimming into you nose. He always smelt like that, which you found ironic. He pulled back and smiled at you, his teeth were identical in color to the pearl that resided in her ring currently. His eyes, crystal green, you had been avoiding staring into them for almost a year now. You knew if you allowed yourself to gaze into those beautiful
eyes for any moment too long, you would destroy your mission more than you already had.

"Get off of me Leif." You shoved him lightly and walked back over to your project, furiously working to ignore the overwhelming beating of your heart.

"You'll tell me one day." Was all he murmured as he sauntered out of the room.

**
"Nice color, it suits you." His words rang through your ears as you stared down at the bright green crystal that you had recently placed in the ring.

It suits you more...you thought as you placed the ring back onto your desk and walked over to the bed. You stared at your bright comforter as you thought about the true reasoning behind choosing that crystal...you laid down feeling hopeless.

As soon as you laid your head on your pillow, Ava stormed into your room. "Get yo lazy ass up and help me show around your dumb demon brothers, and I don't care anymore I'll put money in the jar." She huffed as she crossed her arms, sounding absolutely tired of the males in the apartment.

You snorted, "One, Daemos, two, get my coat drama queen before you start handing out orders." You rolled off your bed, to tired to go anywhere.

"Queen? Ava is a Queen?" Noi asked as he popped his head into your room. You looked up and noticed he had a dazzle in his eyes as he talked about your adoptive sister.

"No, far from it actually." You grinned wickedly as you inches over to her on the floor.

Ava flashed me a vulgar gesture.

Your grin widened and you pulled her by the ankle onto the floor with you in response.

***
"Pizza?" You questioned Ava as you all arrived at the small hole-in-the-wall shop.

"Only the finest American cuisine." She winked and you knew she picked this placed solely out of selfish hunger.

"I don't understand it." Leif mumbled to you as he mindlessly held up his slice, allowing the cheese and pepperoni to slide right off.

You jumped and tried to help salvage his pizza desperately. "No Leif! You dumbass! You eat it! Now you ruined it because pizza is nothing without the cheese and toppings!" You pouted at the sight of the demolished pizza.

"Sorry." He only shrugged with a sly look on his face.

***
Daemos
Lady grandma stared into her glass orb as she watched her grandchildren enjoy a foreign food. She smiled softly as she watched them laugh together once again.

"He found her..." a voice behind her gasped.

"N-No! I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Give me that!" The orb was snatched away from her. "This is wrong! I will not allow that pitiful girl to ruin their mission, solve the magic crisis or don't come back. That's their choices."

Lady grandma gulped.

"Yes...ma'am."