Chapter Twenty-One

What should have been solely a beautiful memory, quickly turned to a nightmare.

You didn't know your grandmother was watching you all as you decided to be wed, but she was.

It was her final wish.

You stood in the hallway that led to the door of Lady Grandma's room. You were surrounded by your loved ones and Asch's royal advisors.

"Last thing I knew, she was tugging on my sleeve and saying that her final wish had come true." Asch spoke and you looked at him with complete teary eyes.

"Oh my god." Your hands were shaking and you held your hand as steady as you could in front of your mouth to hold back your sobs.

"She lived a good and long life." An advisor spoke.

Your eyes shot up along with your head and you had a dark stare in your eyes. "A long life that I missed out on being here for because of my damn father!" You screamed.

Leif placed a hand on your shoulder. "Why don't we go to your room for some privacy?" He spoke softly. He didn't want anything from you, his only intentions were to give you a moment alone to grieve.

You nodded, drained of any sort of fiery spirit or retaliation.

Leif walked you to your room and opened the door for you. He watched as you walked over to your bed, not even bothering to take off your shoes before you let yourself fall against your bed as you sobbed. Leif closed the door and walked over to you, untying your brown boots and slipping them off your feet. He walked over to your closet and grabbed a large and fluffy blanket he realized was from your home on Earth.

He laid the blanket on top of you and rubbed his hand across your head. "Is there anything I can get for you?" He asked softly.

You shook your head, "Just hold me please." Your voice was quiet and accompanied with some sniffles. Leif slipped off his own shoes before getting in your bed and holding you tightly against his chest.

It was quiet for a long time and Leif momentarily checked to see if you were still awake. When he realized you still were he began to speak, "I don't know if this will help or make things worse...that was a bad way to start," he sighed and kissed your forehead, "Lady Grandma taught me how to infuse the pieces of the ring together to make it look new again. I didn't want it to look perfect so it would remind the both of us of all the hard work it took to not only fix the ring, but to fix a path towards our future. All she wanted for you was to be with the people you loved."

You took in a deep breath and twisted the ring on your finger. "That makes it even more sentimental...thank you Leif."

"I'll always try Starship...I promise."

**

We stayed on Daemos for a few months. Ava was beginning to get sad about not being on Earth to see her friends and family, and you were too. You were glad you took the time to grieve with the people of your homeland.

Asch was doing an amazing job of reforming life on Daemos. During the months you stayed, they finished mass producing your inventions so you got to see first hand how your work changed a world.

It was one of the best feelings you had ever experienced.

You loved walking the streets with your fiancé and watching how every time someone passed an orb, they would get a surge of magic pass through them. They didn't realize it, but gaining magic born out of happiness instead of murder made it all the more satisfying.

The magic was flourishing and the continent became happier. Asch was left with a final problem his father left him, which was dealing with the wars.

Asch offered you a spot on the royal court that would offer you a more fulfilling role than being a princess would.

You've taken a month to think on it and you finally came to your decision.

"We're having the wedding on Earth." You spoke to Asch, Ava, Noi, Pierce, and Rhys. Leif was by your side and was holding your hand tightly. You had gone back and forth with your brother and sister. Asch wanted you to have it on Daemos and make it be a large and very royal wedding. Ava on the other hand wanted you to have full control of it with your family on Earth.

"Does that mean we're going home soon?" Ava asked with a tone full of hope.

Asch had offered her many times to conjure up another spell to send her back to Earth. She couldn't bare to leave without me.

"Yes, we want to go home and tell your fathers and then have a small wedding under the stars." Leif spoke and you squeezed his hand, feeling your heart swell with undeniable happiness.

"That's..." Asch began to speak, worrying you all, "Sounds perfect for the two of you."

"Yes." Pierce agreed.

"I can't wait for a wedding!" Noi cheered even though he had no idea what a human wedding looked like.

**

You were soon back on Earth with everyone but Asch. He stayed behind on Daemos until the day of the wedding. Being king meant he had major responsibilities to attend too constantly, and it was going to be hard enough to get off work the day of.

You returned to the apartment to find your fathers sitting there sobbing. You realized immediately that you all had never ensured them that you were okay.

"Oh my god! Devon! It's them!" They stood and rushed over to you and your sister, attacking the two of you in a back-snapping hug.

"God you girls scared the shit out of me!" Your father cried.

"That's a dollar for my swear jar." Ava spoke softly and the four of you burst out laughing.

You explained everything to your fathers. The truth about your homeland, being kidnapped by Zex, rescuing Ava from the castle, your brother, the death of your birth father, your love story with Leif, and your engagement.

"You're...engaged?!" Your fathers cried out.

You nodded as you showed them the ring, ignoring their comments about how odd it was.

"I'm sorry sirs that I didn't ask for you permission." Leif spoke with his head hung low.

Your father patted him on the head. "If you were anyone else I would have a different reaction," Andrew spoke, "But knowing how much you love our girl is all I need to love you too." He smiled and now Leif was crying.

You all spent the next few hours catching up, laughing, and crying. For the first time since your grandmother died, you felt whole again.