38. First Hunt

A/N: This chapter will have words from Breaking Dawn. No copyright infringement intended. So far, including the epilogue this story now has 45 chapters. I've changed the outline. Some chapters might be really long while others are short. The long ones I didn't want to split them anymore. This particular chapter will have two different point of views throughout. I don't own any pictures used in this chapter. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

38. First Hunt

            Edward stares out the window first with a mixed expression. He glances back at me with a smirk. For the first time I see an almost childlike quality in Edward's face. "Just follow me, Bella. I can assure you nothing will happen to you. I will never let anything happen to you," Edward tells me cupping my cheek. He brings me in for another kiss and I'm transported. I can tell just right now that his kisses will never stop surprising me at all.

He pulls back with a smirk on his lips before throwing his legs over the edge of the window and dropping. I stare in shock quickly looking down to find him standing upright. He looks up smiling sweetly at me, "Your turn, darling." His term of endearment slides through me like butter coating every surface. I grin down at him before glancing back to see Carlisle and Alice still watching me. I give them a smile before tossing my own legs over the edge.

The fear of heights should come into play as I've always dealt with fears as a human. I was in the hospital more than the average person so I should have been scared. The only thing I even felt was something akin to adrenaline. As I prepared to jump, I noticed a small rain droplet cascading from the sky. It was a small droplet that I would never have been able to see as human. It was almost the size of a tiny pin.

The layers of the water were amazing. My hand reached out to feel it on my skin as more fell right behind it. The rain seemed more like a sprinkle than a full out rain. The water felt strange against my skin which was rock hard. I could barely feel the drop on my skin. I couldn't even register the temperature of the water as it just sat undisturbed on my arm.

"Bella?!" I heard Edward from below. I glanced down at him the drop of water forgotten. He gave me a gentle smile and I realized that I must have zoned off. The water had taken my attention from the current situation. It was disorienting this new way of thinking how every little thing took away my attention. It had to be because everything looked to new and fresh with my brand new eyes.

I felt like a baby seeing everything for the very first time. I took an unneeded breath of the damp forest air before allowing myself to fall. At first I had thought the drop would have been terrifying but it was the opposite. It was exhilarating. I fell through the air at a decent speed and the ground came up slowly. It was like stepping on solid ground from a chair or bed. There was no difference I stepped on the ground as if I was standing from a chair. The feeling was shocking but also amazing.

I looked over at Edward as we both stood outside the side of the house. He grinned at me seemingly impressed, "That was graceful, Bella. Even for a vampire."

Never had anyone used the word graceful to describe me. I was the girl that tripped over her own feet or over thin air. Graceful I had never been. The thought made me smile that I was now graceful. I was better than even the rest of my family of vampires. Edward took my hand and we started walking carefully. He glanced at me with a surprising grin, "I think it's time for a run." I raised an eyebrow at him which he chuckled, "Trust me, you'll get the hang of it. Just start running and follow me." He suddenly took off running toward the edge of the property.

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth before glancing down at my feet. This was the part that I was worried about. Though jumping from a window seemed so effortless maybe running would be too. I could hear Edward ahead of me so I needed to get a move on. One last glance at the house, I move my legs and begin running. Just as I expected the running was easy, simple, and natural. My legs move without much effort. At one time I wondered how Edward was able to pass trees going at a blinding speed.