᪥ Chapter Eleven

Jaemin was at the garden again training for swording with Mark while his father was watching with full observation and a strict look in his eyes.

"Focus Jaemin!" The King scolds once the crowned prince missed another hit again.

Jaemin grunts and shook his head trying to get his focus back on as he gets into position grasping the metal sword tightly in his palm.

Mark pursed his lips and lets the younger attack first as Jaemin's arm became sloppy from the lack of energy.

The trainer fights back with ease as his composure was kept and his defenses were on point. He then swerves to the side ignoring Jaemin's annoyed look when his sword didn't even nearly touched Mark's body.

The round soon finished early with Mark swaying the sword to the right as it makes contact with Jaemin's own weapon and letting it flew away from the younger's tight hold as it lands on the grass.

Jaemin groans and runs a hand through his hair as he pants trying to catch his breath.

"Enough!" The King called out as he stood up, "Jaemin, go take a walk and get your focus back on. You're failing every move for the past hour or two," he adds.

Mark nodded with agreement, "I suggest that too sire, your moves are good but your energy and time reaction are just lacking," he advised.

"I'm trying!" The crowned prince yelled in frustration making Mark flinch a little bit. The boy then rubs his temples and grabs the sword.

"Jaemin! Don't raise your voice," the King scolds snatching the sword away from his son's hold. He then points to the main garden using the sword with a strict look, "go get your senses back before you can even continue this practice."

The crowned prince scoffed and stomps away from the practice area and heads towards the main garden to "get his senses" back or whatever that's supposed to mean.

He then abruptly stops at the sight of a certain brunet boy crouching down on the ground seemingly with someone, it then shook the crowned prince a little bit when he saw that "someone" was the Queen.

What was she doing there? And why is she with Jeno?

Jaemin then quietly walks over with curiosity as he eavesdrops on their conversation, "how long have you known these things darling?" The Queen asked politely.

Jeno hums as he finishes wrapping a long leaf around a raccoon's leg and caresses the now tamed animal, "my father has taught me many things since I was a tod your majesty."

The Queen hums as she slowly pets the raccoon as well, a little surprised that the animal didn't make a move to attack her.

"Fascinating," she murmured smiling at the young boy beside her as the lad smiled back shyly. "You remind me of a fictional character Jeno-ssi, a certain type that loves nature and mostly known for it." She compliments.

The young servant's ears perked up a bit and tilts his head, "oh? Who is it? May I ask your majesty," he asked picking the raccoon up in his arms.