5 - Which Mansion Do You Prefer?

• Dedicated to Sarah!

Which Mansion Do You Prefer?

Blaze

At school

I slammed my locker shut, before realising that I had put my bag in my locker. I growled to myself, annoyed. It had been two days since I had gotten a date to the dance, and I didn't even know her name. I had been looking for her for the last two days, but I hadn't found her. I grabbed my bag out of my locker, before storming out of the school. I was going to storm home, but as soon as I got out of the doors, I bumped into someone, and knocked all if their books out of their hands and onto the floor.

"If you wanted me to notice you, pretty boy, you could have done something OTHER than slamming a door into me! If you really want me to pay attention to you, I would recommend climbing on a table and bursting into song in the cafeteria; I know that I wouldn't be able to miss that!" She said, laughing to herself as she picked up all of her books. I noticed a brown leather book by my feet, and I picked it up, as it was the only book that she missed.

"What's this?" I asked, showing her the book.

"That is private," She said, snatching it out of my grasp.

"Leo. Just the person I was looking for!" a different voice said, that I immediately recognised as Hope.

"Hey Hope! So pretty boy has a name," She joked, "I have to go now... Hope, I guess I'll see you later? See ya round, pretty boy," She said, winking at me as she walked off. I watched her walk off, before Hope started talking.

"So, here's the deal. I need you to come to this address," She said, passing me a note, "And I would recommend coming as Blaze, as you'll be meeting others like you. I have a feeling that the people there will like you, 'pretty boy'."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname, before realising something.

"Hey, what's your friend's name?" I asked, hoping that Hope would tell me; it was hard not knowing what to call someone.

"Oh, her name's-" Hope started, before getting distracted and running off.

I ran a hand through my hair, exasperated, before going home...

~~~

I arrived at the address that Hope told me about, surprised to find an old warehouse. It looked abandoned, but inside, there were loads of people. None of them seemed to be paying me any attention, because they were all chatting, and having fun. I saw one person lying on a sofa made of ice, and a girl next to it was melting it, so that the guy on the sofa was slowly getting closer to his seat, and he didn't even notice. The girl noticed me looking, and winked at me before continuing melting his chair. Around me, there were lots of other people using their powers. In one area, there were a few people who were working together to make some glass statues; probably to sell.

After looking around, I noticed Hope chatting with a girl with short pink hair. She was wearing a red bandana, and looked pretty young. Half of the people in here were wearing masks, but the other half weren't.I immediately headed in the direction of Hope, to try and find out what was going on.

"Blaze! You made it! This is Cassidy, by the way. She's awesome," She said, winking. The pink haired girl blushed, and then got distracted by something, and skipped off.

"Hope; what on earth is going on here?" I asked, confused by all of the people who were walking around, or in some cases, swinging around.

"Well... I thought that I would introduce you to some of my friends! I used to hide out here a couple years ago... But now I use it to give people the freedom to use their powers!" Hope said, grinning like a Cheshire cat. As soon as she finished talking, I heard a shriek, and saw flames, before a wave appeared out of nowhere and put them all out.