4 - I'm Not Your Average Superhero

I'm Not Your Average Superhero

Blaze

In The Car Park

Everything seemed to be happening so fast. First, the storm completely stopped, revealing Matrix and a young girl in the eye of the storm, and then Thunder started to fall from the sky! It looked like she had passed out, or couldn't control the tornado that she was in anymore, because all the clouds in the sky dissipated, and Thunder fell from the sky. A few seconds after, Matrix collapsed to the ground, and Hope and the girl rushed to her side. I didn't know what had gone on during that storm, but I knew that I was supposed to be picking Maya up soon, and if I didn't, then I would be in a lot of trouble. Luckily, as soon as I put Thunder down to the ground, the little girl who was watching me ran over to her, and forgot about me. While nobody was paying any attention, I was able to make my way out. I knew that Hope was watching me, but I couldn't stay.

I rushed down the street, taking off my mask and shoving it into my pocket. I rushed down to the park, where Maya was waiting for me very impatiently. She wasn't hard to spot in a crowd, with her bright blue hair making it impossible to miss her.

"Why do you always take so long?" She groaned, before storming off.

"Oh shut up, Maya. Is there a less annoying version of you that I can replace you with?" I grumbled.

She continued walking, ignoring my comment and I followed her, glaring at the ground, until she stopped suddenly, causing me to crash into her.

"Woah," She gasped, looking up at a weird storm in the sky, "What is that?"

I noticed that it originated from where I had been before I went to pick up Maya from, and groaned.

"Oh, come on! I thought we had dealt with this already!"

I grabbed Maya's hand, and dragged her along with me, despite the fact that she was complaining. To stop her moaning about not being able to keep up, I levitated her so slightly that she was just above the ground level, and would be able to keep up; because I was making sure that she did.

As soon as we reached the car park, she snatched her hand out of my grasp, before gasping at the storm above her.

"Woah."

I definitely agreed with her. I quickly put my mash back on, but realised that nobody else was here; it looked like it was just me.

"Maya, stay here, and keep away from the storm, okay?" She nodded, and moved backwards, and I turned around. I parted a section of the tornado, and noticed that everyone was inside the storm. I looked back to Maya, but I couldn't see her. I hoped that she had gone to shelter, and I started walking into the storm.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" A voice said, as soon as I was inside the tornado.

I was surprised to see that everyone was sitting comfortably inside the tornado. I was expecting it to be like before, and that we needed to stop the kid before she destroyed New York... but the girl was sitting next to Thunder happily, and I was confused.

"What's going on?" I asked, completely and utterly confused.

"Okay, let me explain. I haven't told these two yet, because we were waiting for you. I would have done it earlier, but you ran off before I was able to question you. So here's the deal; Matrix and Blaze need to tell me everything I want to know, or I will destroy the whole of Manhattan." Thunder said with an evil smirk on her face.

I heard a very faint gasp from next to me, but there was nobody there, and then, before I knew what was happening, Hope jumped at me, and everything went black...