Cinq

Lolas Fit:

-.-.-.-.-.-
"Oh my stars! Don't cry, please!" Steven yelled over the phone.

Lola sniffled. "I'm not crying! I just have a cold."

Lie.

She was crying.

[A LITTLE WHILE AGO]

"-going to have pizza for dinner, but now I'm kinda in the mood for donuts."

"Donuts for dinner?" Lola laughed.

There was a knock at her door, and her mother peeked her head into Lolas room. "Hey, can we talk downstairs for a minute?"

Lola looked at Steven in confusion. "Sure, just a second." Her parents still didn't know about Steven, and now it was at the point where if she told them it would just be weird. It had been months since they met, a little over a year actually. Her mother nodded and shut the door, and Lola turned back to Steven. "I've gotta go, I'll call you back later?" Steven nodded, and hung up. Lola walked down slowly, a little worried by her mother's serious tone.

Her parents were sitting at the kitchen table, frowns on their faces. "Lola..." her mother started.

She sat down across from them. "What's going on?"

Your father took a deep breath. "Just know it has nothing to do with you, it's not your fault, it's mine. Your mother and I-"

Her mother cut him off. "We're getting a divorce. Your father has been cheating on me."

Lola blinked. "W-what?"

Her mother continued. "You are going to stay with me full time, so your father can go start his new life with Lindsay." She said the woman's name with such venom in her voice Lolas father flinched back.

He sighed and reached out to grab Lolas hands, but she yanked hers away. Instead of saying anything, she just shook her head at him, stood up, and left the room.

Talk about a bombshell.

She started crying as soon as her bedroom door was shut, and immediately called Steven. "My parents are getting a divorce." She said quietly.

It was still almost surreal to her. It didnt make sense. She thought her parents were happy together, they always seemed happy together.

So here her and Steven were. He so desperately wanted to be there in person so he could comfort her, but talking over the phone would have to do. "Where are you and your mom moving?" He asked.

Lola sniffled. "I don't know. Probably Canada or something."

"I doubt that. Maybe you'll move here!" He said happily. "And... your dads a douchebag." He muttered.

"I know, right? Like, who the hell does that?!" She yelled. She hoped her father could hear her. "I've gotta go call my friends, they should know too."