Trois

Lolas Fit:

-.-.-.-.-

Lola sat on her couch, scrolling through Instagram. Her mom walked into the room, holding a huge package. "Uh, Lola? You got a package, it came with a card." Her mom read the stamp. "Do you know someone from Beach City?"

Lolas eyes widened. "Oh my stars! Gimmie!" Lola snatched the box and card, and raced up to her room.

Lola: did you send me a package?

Steven: mayyyybeee

Steven: have you opened it yet?

Steven: if you haven't call me I want to see your reactions

Steven: and call me even if you already have, I wanna see you :))

Lola: don't get all soft on me Universe

Lola: but no, I haven't opened it. I'll FaceTime you, just a sec

Steven had his laptop balanced on his dresser, sitting on the bed in anticipation as the call connected. "Okay! Open it!" He yelled.

Lola sat on her bed, holding the card. "Should I read it out loud, or in my head?"

"In your head. I don't want your parents hearing my private writing." Steven laughed quietly. "It's not anything inappropriate though, I promise."

Lola rolled her eyes and ripped the envelope open, opening the card.

Dear Angel,

It really sucks that you live so far away. If you lived in Beach City with me I could just walk to your house and give you stuff, but instead I have to mail it to you. :(

Anyways, here's some stuff for you. I couldn't give you chocolate, since it would melt in the box. But since the Holiday season is coming up... I thought I would give you some stuff that makes me think of you.

Love, Your Stevie

Steven watched Lolas face through the screen. He hoped she didn't think it was cheesy or anything. But happy tears pricked her eyes when she finally looked up. "I wish I could hug you! This sucks."

"What's sucks?" He laughed.

"Being so far away from you." She moved to grab the box, but not before setting the card up on her nightstand with a smile. The box was hard to open, professionally wrapped in duct tape. The first thing she saw was a blanket, it was gray with yellow and pink specks in it. It smelled exactly what Lola imagined Steven would smell like -the ocean, donuts and literal happiness-.