Ten

When Apollo, Adrian and Cedric returned to school from Hogsmeade, the sun was on the verge of setting

When Apollo, Adrian and Cedric returned to school from Hogsmeade, the sun was on the verge of setting. It was time for dinner by this point, something the three were looking forward to. A time to spend together before they had to return to their common rooms. As they walked, they argued about where to sit.

"I just think we should sit at the Ravenclaw table!" Cedric said, throwing his arms up in exasperation.

"And I just want to get high!" Adrian said.

"Sammy won't even be there, Ced!" Apollo added.

"That- That's not why I wanted to sit there!" The brunette stuttered, turning pink. "I just.. like the table!"

Adrian tripped over his own feet as he cracked up. "It's the same as every other table!" He exclaimed through his laughter.

Cedric went redder. "It's not that funny, asshole." He huffed.

Adrian composed himself as the three walked through the school doors. "It is, a little bit. Anyway, I thought they liked Oliver Wood," He said, his smile slowly disappearing.

Cedric's shoulders sagged. "Do they?" He asked, his voice sadder than usual.

Apollo sent his Slytherin friend a glare. He hated dealing with his own emotions, never mind someone else's. He also hated it when his friends were sad. "No, they're just good friends," The blonde assured his moping friend.

As they walked into the Great Hall, Cedric seemed to be in a better mood. The trio decided, finally, to sit at the Hufflepuff table, deciding it would give them the least amount of problems.

"Where do they sit, if not at the Ravenclaw table?" Cedric asked, glancing around the room.

Apollo shrugged. How should he know? All he knew was that Sammy did not sit at their table on the weekends. It was something they had always done.

"Relax, Cedric," Adrian started. "I'm sure they'll want to sit with you one day." He snickered. "If you try hard enough to impress them."

Seeing as the pair were sitting across from each other, the only way Cedric could hit him was by kicking him under the table. And he did, causing Adrian to let out a small yelp. "You aren't funny." Cedric huffed, a light blush on his cheeks.

"Okay, before Cedric's face turns permanently red, let's talk about something else," Apollo quickly cut in, earning a grateful look from his friend.

The food appeared before them before a new conversation could arise. Adrian forgot all about his teasing as he saw what was before him, immediately digging in. The Halloween feast was always something to look forward to at Hogwarts. There was always an array of food options. Ranging from carrot cake to pumpkin juice, there was always something exciting even the pickiest eaters would love. On top of that, there were lovely decorations around the Great Hall. Live bats and streamers, banners and giant jack-o-lanterns. It was a beautiful mix of orange, black and purple all around. It was much different than the usual boring shades the school sported. The wonders of magic.