𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 - girl in new orleans

v. idiotic mortals
girl in new orleans

 idiotic mortalsgirl in new orleans

"I am not unwell, you idiotic mortal. I do not need to go to a clinic." Loki really did hate witches on Midgard. She had been peacefully reading a book she had found, which thankfully was in a language she knew. She didn't understand what Rebekah was doing, Hayley tried to explain it more than once, but mortal technology was confusing.

"You're overdue for a checkup." Agnes insisted.

"Then I will get a healer from my home, a trusted one, not a mortal I don't know."

"What is she going to do, Agnes, pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound?" Hayley shook her head. "The two of us escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!"

Loki hummed in agreement.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Rebekah commented, glancing back.

"I am a mother. I know how to take care of a child. I am the one with a child, you are not." Loki snapped, shutting her book and turning to face Rebekah. "I am a worshiped god and your brother acts as if he is more powerful than I. If you so much whisper that I am not willing to do the absolute most for my child, you will face my wrath, daughter of Mikael."

With the exception of accelerated heartbeats from the original, werewolf and witch, it was silent.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path," Agnes spoke up after a few minutes. "I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

Loki opened her mouth to argue with Agnes but stopped when Hayley grabbed her arm. "Loki, it'll be fine. No magic or anything, and you can still see one of your doctors."

"Healers." Loki corrected, letting out a sigh. "Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is."

━━━ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ━━━

"This is the doctor's office?" Loki asked, raising an eyebrow.

Agnes smiled. "Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go! She won't bite!"

Loki got out of the car, slamming the door and smirking to herself when she saw Agnes jump. "Come, Hayley, I want to get this over and done with."

Later, Dr. Paige stood above the goddess, giving her an ultrasound. The doctor smiled at her. "Your baby's heart rate is perfect," Loki raised an eyebrow to Hayley as if to say 'I told you so'. "But yours..." Dr.Paige tailed off, shaking her head. "Nevermind."

She gave Loki a tissue to wipe her stomach, eyeing Hayley when her cardigan slid down. "That's a unique birthmark." Dr. Paige remarked.

"Thanks, I got it from my family." She said sarcastically, pulling her cadigan up. "We're done here, right?"