21

And that was exactly what she did. Thankfully, they hadn't gotten themselves detention yet, so she decided to hang with them for the rest of the day, waiting till night for there little "date".

And just like they had done many times before, they waited for everyone to go to bed before the crept out of their beds, meeting in the Gryffindor common room with their cloaks. It was very cold out, and Cherry, with the help of her lovely friend Luna, cast heating charms on the two troublemakers so that they wouldn't freeze to death, though they'd still have to layer up.

So, Cherry wore a black knitted jumper over a collared shirt tucked into a pair of plaid pants and a grommet belt, and Docs on her feet. On top of that she wore her favorite trench coat, giving her a dark academia look almost, while Fred just wore a cloak over his clothes and the heating spell kept the two warm.

With the help of the map, the Fred and Cherry managed to sneak past Filch and any other teachers lurking in the halls, all the way to the astronomy tower undetected.

Giggling and excited, the two opened the heavy door to the outside of the castle, and let the cold winter air bite at their faces before using the spell that Luna had helped the two with.

With wind gushing past their faces, the two made their way to the gazebo like structure on the roof, sitting down next to each other.

"So, you said this was a date?" she asked, laughing.

"Mhm, and guess what I brought?" Fred said, smirking.

"What?"

"Muggle music!" he exclaimed, pulling out the phone that Cherry had given him. "I made a playlist for you, full of muggle music! You're always talkin' bout it, you can rate me on my taste and such!"

Laughing, Cherry took the phone out of his hands and opened the Spotify app. She'd put him on her premium plan thankfully, so he didn't have to worry about all the ads and stuff, though she figured he would've found a way around it.

She clicked on the one playlist he had saved, titled, "Muggle music is weird", and the description stating, You're lucky I like you Cherry, though I do say, these songs are immaculate.

Cherry tried to ignore what he had put in the description, confused to what it meant. Did it mean that he returned the same feelings for her? She secretly craved Fred's attention, his touch, every affectionate word that came out of his mouth directed to her.

Looking up at him shyly, she commented, "I see you used the word immaculate."

He nodded, chuckling against her hair as he pulled her closer, most definitely going to use the excuse that it was cold. Maybe he was nervous, about putting that sentence in the description, but he was rather jumpy, not knowing what she thought of it. Her thoughts were racing, and she didn't know if he saw her as a friend, and only a friend, or not, because she knew that deep in her mind, a big part of her liked him more than a friend, and it was only a matter of whether he shared those same feelings.

And he did. Fred liked her just as much, in the few short months that he had gotten to know her, he had learned so much, and she had opened a door in his mind, a new light almost, exposed him to things that he didn't know were real. She pushed the boundaries on society and their standards, for he had never even met another person as comfortable and confident in her own skin as Cherry.

He'd never met anyone so peculiar, interesting and out of the ordinary, no one's spirit as bright and free. And just like Cherry herself would say, quoting a muggle poet named William Shakespeare, "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate."