Chapter 3

~Dominic up top~

Chapter 3

      I had no idea what I was going to cook later on. When I got to the supermarket I had figured out what I wanted to cook. I picked up two plantains, some kidney beans, rice, chicken, and the spices I needed to make the food and went to checkout. When I was done I got back in my car and headed home. I was going to make fried plantains, Caribbean coconut chicken, Haitian style rice and beans, and peanut butter cup cookies. It was now 10:30 in the morning so I wasn't going to have to start cooking until 4 o'clock later on today. I had to clean my room today and do laundry so I busied myself with that till 1. I went to Imani's room and we talked for a bit before she decided to drop the bomb that she had decided to invite both my bosses over.

"What would make you want to do something like that?!" I yelled at her.

"I just didn't want you to be alone while I was with Alec." She said giving me the pouty lip face.

"And you couldn't think of anyone else at all no one popped into your head but them."

"I don't see why it's such a big deal to have them over." I was counting to ten in my head because I was really about this close to strangling the life out of my sister.

"Imani I don't want to ruin this night for you so since I love you I will let this slide, just this one time but next time before you do anything else involving me please just ask me first."

"Ok."

     I got up from her bed and made my way down stairs I had lost track of time talking to her. I first started the rice that was going to take the longest to cook. I placed the beans on and then I let them cook. After the beans were about halfway done I put on the chicken and fried it then when that was done I put that into the oven for 45 minutes with the coconut milk. After I placed the chicken on I started on the cookies. After I had put everything on I sat down for a little to let them cook. I had put on the rice and mixed the beans and the rice together with all the sauces. By the time everything was finished it was about 6:20.

"The food is ready when is he coming?" I yelled to Imani.

 "He is on his way now." She yelled back from her room.

     This was perfect I went upstairs and changed into my mid-thigh length black dress with one sleeve, my red ankle boots, the red jewelry set that I bought with my boots and did my makeup, when I was ready I went downstairs to the dining room to set up. I was all ready and set when Imani came rushing down the stairs she had on a black pencil skirt with a purple deep v-cut shirt with black shoes that had a purple bow on the back of them.

"He's here." She said stopping by the kitchen.

"Ok everything's ready." Imani went to open the door and came back with Alec in tow. He looked at us and did a double take,

"I didn't know you had a twin you just told me that you had a sister." He said shocked.

"Yeah, this is my twin sister Madison."  She said gesturing to me.

"Hi, nice to meet you have a seat I'll get you something to drink."  I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Chardonnay and five wine glasses and walked back to the dining room. I walked in to see my two bosses in there already. My steps faltered a little before I plastered a smile on my face and continued to the table and poured everyone some wine.

"Imani could you come help me in the kitchen I need to bring out the dishes."

"But... can't Damien or Dominic do it?"  She whined not even looking at me.