Chapter 1- The present

Year 2054

No one knew that I was someone else, people thought that I was just a mere tall tale. But they were so wrong, I'm still alive. In fact I'm immortal, I have been captured many times when I couldn't control the evil creature inside me. Of course, they have tried to kill me but they hadn't been able too, they just were objects that I can practice the new things I learned like powers and spells. It was like a spell book was in my head whenever I needed a spell. But the evil has now more control on me since I escaped the mob of people that were after me. They killed off all my family soon after when they didn't catch me. My family was the only thing in my life that I had to live for, that I cared for and they just killed them because of me. The king, the king didn't even give them a punishment, so I took the privilege of taking out the punishment of killing my family to kill everyone else. For once, my naive broken self let the evil take over and it killed everyone off in the village, leaving just mere stories of me. No one had a reason to hunt me down anymore, no one knew me and I was glad. I still had the naive, stupid confused part of me, really the only ounce of humanity I had but that was changing.

I was losing my humanity by every single passing day, the evil which I have now came to call Damien, has more control of me. I have learned to control it a little but I was weak, Damien only let me take control when it needed to rest. It was resting today, but when I awoke I had no idea what happened or where I was.

I heard startling noises. I could hear the leaves rustling, horses trotting, and the air swirling harshly around me. I stilled, carful not to make any sudden movement, I adverted my position that I was in to check my surroundings.

I had a pool of what now seems to be dried blood all around me. My hair matted with sweat, blood and the occasional sticks with dirt that were sticking out. Then I noticed that I'm trapped. There were four mirrored walls around me, showing my bloodied reflection. I press my palms on all the mirrors, trying to see if there was a way out. It was no use, I couldn't find an exit with that I started to panic. I have no idea how I got here.

I was moving and it felt like I was in a carriage. A carriage without a door handle. I couldn't escape, I let out a loud huff making the strands of hair infront of me move into my mouth. As I struggled to get the hair out my mouth without touching my mouth, because my hands were filled with blood then the carriage started to shake violently.

I could hear shouts and cries for help and in pain as I pressed my ear to the mirror infront of me. The mirror showed the bloody handprints on my hand as I pulled back from listening to what was going on outside. I continued to struggle with the strands of hair in my mouth as the carriage fell forwards tossing me all around. I clawed at the mirrored floor as I felt on the cut on my waist open up and making it start to bleed furiously.

A rushing sound of air surrounded me as water suddenly started rushing in the carriage. It seems like the carriage fell in a lake with me trapped in it. I started to freak out, banging and yelling for help. I knew I was immortal but the thought of being underwater for a long period of time with no escape scared me. That was until I heard a jiggle of a door handle when the water started to reach my bloodied waist.

"Well, boys would you look what we have here! Isn't she a beautiful thing?" A voice said while letting out a whistle first when the door to the carriage opened blinding me with the bright light of the sun.

"I guess we do get a reward for being victorious boys." The gruffly voice said once again, reaching a hand out for me to reach. I could feel Damien stir inside me but I push him down wanting to have control  a little while longer. A hand appeared with heavy metal, must be a knight, I thought.