17. Lost and found

~In the middle of the night~

Aiden's p.o.v.

I am awoken by a loud crashing sound from somewhere upstairs and my eyes widen. I'm not dead? I thought it was over... I can't take this pain anymore!

The noises from upstairs are soon followed by heavy footsteps running around, more crashing sounds and growling and howling of wolves. We are under attack! A tiny spark of hope comes alive inside my chest but it is soon replaced by fear.

There are three potential outcomes here. Either it is a foreign pack that is attacking this one and they will kill me as soon as they find me. The second is, that alpha Terrances pack wins this fight and I will rot here until the end of my days and the third.... my mates could have found me.

Thoughts swirl around my mind and I'm hallucinating, seeing blurry pictures of strange beings in front of my eyes. If I make myself known, then I will either be rescued quicker or killed quicker. And I honestly like both outcomes. I just want it to stop...

I start to whimper, trying to scream but failing with my sore and dry throat.

Beyond exhausted, I fall back on the matress, slowly drifting out of consciousness again.

Suddenly there is a loud noise that sounds really close. It kind of gets me out of my daze and I can't really see, when the heavy door is opened and several people make their way down to me.

This is it. However this ends, I am finally out of here. I'm finally free.

"Oh my God", someone gasps. "Wilder! I found him", the voice screams.

I hear several more footsteps running down and suddenly, I smell it again. The heavenly scent of Wilder, Noah and James... my alphas.

I can't say anything so I just groan in pain, my mind foggy and my body tired.

"Aiden! Aiden, we're here. You're safe now.", I hear Wilder say in his comforting voice.
I just want to cry into his strong chest but I'm too weak. I can't even respond to him because I'm so dizzy.

"Get these fucking ropes off of him", I hear Noah say and the ropes around my wrists are finally cut off. My skin there feels to raw and it stings but I can't really think about the pain. I'm numb right now. Even as the chains on my ankles are broken off, I don't make a single sound.

"Here, put this on him", Caleb says from somewhere," the light could blind him if he's been in this darkness the whole time." Someone then puts a kind of small scarf around my eyes.

I start to drift again feeling as if I'm falling and I search with my one hand for something to hold on to. Eventually, my hand reaches the one of one of my alphas, I can't tell which one. As I touch it, I try to hold onto it, squeezing it just a tiny bit, not having any strength in me.

Before I lose consciousness, I hear someone saying: "You're safe now Aiden, we're gonna get you home"

~11 hours later~

I can't hear that well, my ears are ringing. The first thing I realize is that there is a bleeping sound. It's annoying.
The second thing I realize is that I'm lying on a soft bed and I'm surrounded by a warm blanket. My hands are no longer tied but I can't see. I can't see!!

What's going on? Where am I?

I'm confused, I don't remember anything and my senses are on overload. I don't feel well, sweat is coating my forehead. There is something stuck in my arm and it's irritating me.

I'm not tied up, I have to go!

Everything happens too fast. I don't think straight as I sit up, disoriented, rip the little cable thing out of my arm and get ready to jump off the bed and run. But as soon as my feet hit the ground, an unimaginably bad pain runs through my whole body. I fall to the ground, causing a loud thump to ring through the room. The air is knocked out of my lungs as I try to scramble onto my knees, screaming in pain and fear.