10 | Wrong Choice

Corpse is doing 50/50 between last two people and gets it wrong for the last game and it takes a toll on him and y/n comforts him

Watching Corpse stream is always something you enjoy. It is fun to sit in the room with him and see how he figures everything out.

He doesn't like dying off early because then his stream won't have as much content to go off, but he also hates being in the final round choosing who to vote off.

Doing 50/50's at the end is what he dreads most about the game. It makes a pit grow in his stomach just thinking about it. He's always so worried that he's going to get it wrong and his viewers will hate him for it.

He fears people will be mean to him, say he's no good, that he doesn't deserve to play with his friends, and more horrible things like that. You are always there to pick him back up when this happens and reassure him that no one thinks those things of him.

This was one of those times.

You sit on the couch behind Corpse, watching him stream. It's down to the final four and neither of you have any idea who the impostor is. Left in the game is him, Rae, Peter, and Leslie.

You watched as Corpse stumbles around the map, finishing his tasks.

"Oh, fuck," he sighs as the report screen popped up, signaling someone reported Peter's body.

"Leslie killed Peter!" Rae shouts as soon as the meeting starts.

"What? No! Corpse, Rae killed Peter right in front of me!" Leslie retorts.

"Where's his body at?" Corpse asks, already stressing from the pressure of trying to get this right.

"It's in reactor. I was doing my Simon Says, Peter and Leslie were in there as well. When I get off Simon says, I see Peter's blood spatter as Leslie kills him." Rae explains.

"Okay, no. That's not what happened at all!" Leslie shouts. "Rae, Peter, and I were all walking to reactor from cafeteria. It was me leading with Peter and Rae following. I walked to reactor because I had numbers, and as soon as I finish I see Rae kill Peter and try to run."

"If I ran then how did I report?" Rae retorts.

"I said tried to run! The body was on Simon Says so I walk down and Rae doubles back and reports before I can!" Leslie defends.

"Corpse, we were together a lot of the first round and Leslie was a suspect for that kill." Rae pleads.

"Only Poki suspected it was me, and she was impostor! If I was her partner she wouldn't have called me out." Leslie days back.

"But we don't know Poki was the impostor." Corpse points out.

"Corpse, it was so obviously Poki." Leslie sighs. "Please believe me, I don't know how else to explain it to you other than she killed right in front of me."

Rae exclaims, "Ten seconds Corpse! I swear it's Leslie, she killed right in front of me!"

"Corpse no! It's Rae!" Leslie shouts.

With the last second, Corpse votes for Leslie. "I'm sorry. Rae and I were together first round a lot and she didn't kill me. Also Poki did sus you out for the kill on Sykkuno, and we don't know for sure it was Poki. It could have been Toast."

As he finishes his explanation, the DEFEAT screen appears on his computer. He sighs as Poki and Rae scream in excitement.

He hangs his head a little low and shakes it, disappointed in himself. You get up from your spot on the couch and walk over to him. You stand behind him and wrap your arms around his shoulders, hugging him.

You place a kiss to the back of his neck, and settle your chin on his head.

"Good job, guys." Corpse congratulates.

Rae smiles, "It was good for the LG. Night everyone!"

Everyone says there goodbyes, and Corpse logs off his stream. He spins around in his chair and wraps his arms around your waist, hiding his face in your chest.

You run your fingers through his hair gently. "You okay, baby?"

He shrugs, "I feel like I disappointed my friends and my viewers. I know it's not reasonable to think that way, but I can't help it."

You shake your head, and rub his back. "Don't worry about that, Corpse. Your friends aren't mad at you, everyone votes wrong at least once a stream. And for your viewers, if they didn't like how you play games, they wouldn't watch. You have a loyal fan base; they won't leave because you lose one game."

He pulls his head away from your chest and stares at you.

You pull his eyepatch off and press a kiss to his forehead, then kiss him on the lips gently.

You pull back and grab his hands to stand him up. "Come on, let's go cuddle and watch a show."

Corpse nods, and holds you close to him as you two get ready to spend the rest of your night together.