-nine

It was the next day and the girls were all peacefully sleeping. That is until the door got closed so roughly, that it caused a loud bang sound. Aurora and Narcissa, clearly startled, shot out of bed, only to see Veronica standing there with an embarrassed look.

"Gosh Ronnie, could be a little more quiet next time." Aurora said as she got out of bed.

"Uh sorry." She mumbled

"So, where were you?" Narcissa asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Nowhere! I just decided to wake up early and went to the common room to chill for a bit." Veronica quickly replied.

"If that's the case, then why are you still wearing your clothes from yesterday?" Narcissa asked again, getting suspicious by the minute.

"Merlins beard, don't tell me you shagged someone?!" Aurora asked.

"What? No! We only talked for a while, but accidentally fell asleep in the common room. Thank merlin nobody saw us." Veronica said, looking slightly relieved.

"Oooooh, is it your mystery man from yesterday?" Narcissa asked.

"Yes, who else would it be." Veronica replied, rolling her eyes. "And don't ask me who he is, because we've decided to keep it on the down low until we figure everything out and talk it over."

"Ugh, you're no fun. Whatever, tell us when you're ready." Narcissa said.

"Anyways, moving on, what were you up to yesterday, Rory?" Veronica asked her.

"Nothing much, just went to a few shops and then the Three Broomsticks." Aurora simply replied.

"Oh, sounds a bit boring for my liking, but you do you I guess." Veronica said.

"Ok guys I think I'm just going to go for a walk until everyone starts waking up." Aurora said as she got ready.

"Okay, see you later." The other two girls said.

*****

Aurora decided to head to the Black Lake. She loved how peaceful and quiet it was in the morning. And some merfolk would even be seen sometimes. It was around five o'clock in the morning and everyone was still asleep.

She loved the morning weather and how the cool breeze would hit her skin. The peaceful sound of the water and the birds made things even more better too. No teachers to interrupt her. No loud and annoying students running around. No drama. Just her. And it felt as if the whole world went quiet.

She stayed near the lake for about thirty minutes until she decided to make her way back to the common room. But she had to be careful because the teachers were probably awake at this point.

As she was walking in the hallways, she saw Regulus. His hair was ruffled and a bit messy. He also had the same clothes he wore to Hogsmeade yesterday, as if he never changed.

Strange, she thought to herself. She was about to walk up to him until she saw someone beat her to it.

It was a girl. But not just any girl.

Is that- no, it can't be. Why would she be with him?
She thought to herself yet again.