CHAPTER 10: Being Ignored

Camilla Cortes' Point of View:

Its Monday morning and I'm really nervous about going into work. I sighed as I sipped on my coffee. In the heat of the moment with Luke I felt awesome, I felt so alive. But now I'm at a lost. We were so busy in each other that the topic of work never came up. Now I can only hope that things won't be awkward between us.

I dumped the rest of my coffee in the sink and rinsed my cup. I set in down on the counter and grabbed my things to leave. Alex had already left for work so I didn't have to wait on her to lock up. My car was in the shop until tomorrow so I had to take an uber as Alex's job was on the other side of town.

"Thank you," I said to the kind old man who drove me.

He smiled in return, "its no problem sweetheart"

He drove off and I turned to face the building. Taking a deep breath I walked inside and went into one of the elevators. I had already gotten a run down of all the things I would be required to do so I went to the cafeteria and made Luke's coffee. Thankfully Hailey had already told me how he liked his coffee. Just as I turned the corner I saw Hailey and a few others come out of the elevator. Luke wasn't one of them. 

"Hi Hailey," I smiled at her "how was your weekend?" 

"Camila," she grinned "it was great, the kids and I made a pact to not annoy each other and to annoy my husband instead"

I laughed softly, "that sounds like fun"

"Oh it was," she sighed "how was your weekend?"

My mind went to a image of myself riding Luke as we both orgasmed. My cheeks reddened at my naughty thoughts. It's a good thing she can't read minds because I'd just die of embarrassment if she knew what I was thinking. 

I looked down so my hair would cover my face and so she couldn't see me blushing, "It was good"

"I see you have Luke's coffee already"

I unconsciously raised the cup to show her. I had covered it so that the steam would be trapped and keep the coffee relatively hot.

"I got it as soon as I came in," I glanced around "I haven't seen him though...am I late?"

"Oh no dear," she laughed walking towards a door and opening it "your right on time, this is your office as you can see its right next to Luke's office and there is also a door that connects both offices" 

"Set your things down and give Luke the coffee, he's already here"

My eyes widened in shock, he was already here. I made sure to come in at least fifteen minutes early and now she's telling me that he's been here this whole time.  I quickly set my things down and made my way to his office. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in"

Here goes nothing. Pushing open the door I made sure to turn around quickly and shut the door behind me. I turned around to face him and walked towards his desk.  He wasn't facing me so I had to fake clearing my throat to get his attention.

My breath caught in my throat as he turned around to face me, he really was a sexy man. Although I wanted nothing more than to have my way with him I was unsure of where you stood with each other so it was best I just did what I was getting paid for. Even in my head it sounds weird, I can't believe I slept with my boss. 

"I've brought you coffee," I held up the cup to show him. 

My heart skipped a beat as he stood up and walked towards me. He took the cup and popped the lid off, sipping the coffee softly. I watched mesmerized as he put the cup on the other side of the table and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me towards him.

"What are you doing?" 

"Getting my morning kiss," with that he crashed his lips to my own and kissed me deeply. At first I was shocked but then I kissed him back. I ran my hands up his clothed chest and up around his neck as he deepened the kiss. I bit his lower lip just as he gave my breast a playful squeeze. He groaned as I moaned pushing myself against. 

I jumped away from him when there was a knock at the door, "Luke dear Andre is here to see you"

I quickly pulled away from him and fixed my attire. I've been blushing a lot more since meeting him. I looked at him and noticed there was some of my lip gloss on his lips. With a sigh I used my thumb to wipe the lip gloss off his lips. I smiled at him and he smiled in return. 

"Send him in Hailey"

The door opened and a handsome red head walked into the room. He was cute but Luke was far more good looking to me. 

"Andre meet my new personal assistant, Camilla " 

"Its nice to meet you," I smiled slightly as he shook my hand. The way he stared at me was really unnerving and I couldn't wait to get out of there. 

"Is there anything else that you need Luke?"

"There's a couple files on your desk you can get started on organizing those," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and went to open the door, "I'll get right on it"

For the next hour I organized all of the files and got started on some tasks that I saw written down for me on a sticky notes pad. I was just about to start making some calls when I heard a slight commotion in Luke's office. It sounded like yelling. It was Andre and Luke. I wondered what they were arguing about. A door slammed snapping me out of my reverie. 

I jumped when the intercom beeped and Luke's voice could be heard over the phone, "Come to my office please"

I jumped to my feet and headed for his office. I opened the door to find him inside pacing. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He looked at me intently before looking away, "this can't happen"

He used his hand to gesture between the two of us, "whatever this is...it can't happen"

"What? why?" I felt crushed hearing this. 

He ignored me and looked at the view through his glass office window. He didn't make a move to answer me but I felt the need for an explanation.

"Why Luke?"

He turned around so faced and snapped at me, "it's Mr. Williams to you, what happened was a mistake so let's just forget about it and move on"

My eyes widened in disbelief at what he was saying. A mistake. He's calling what we did a mistake. I looked him straight in the eye and I could've sworn he looked torn. I couldn't and wouldn't do anything about it though so I held my head up high and kept the tears at bay.

"As you wish, Mr. Williams"

With that I went back to my office and focus on my tasks, hoping the earth would swallow me whole.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like this chapter. 

Comment below who your favorite character is so far.

Can you guess what Andre and Luke were arguing about?