Dean, i'm right here.

1:30 am 

It was a late night as Cas walked through the hallways of the bunker, since he didn't need to sleep he usually just walked around the halls. Listening to the quietness that usually wasn't ever there. Cas usually just walked around and peaked into the rooms to make sure everyone was okay, but tonight felt different. Something felt off, and weird..a feeling of sadness and fear was around. 

"Cas.." He could hear someone say his name in their head but couldn't tell who it was.

"Hello?" Cas asked a loud to anyone who could hear but there was no response. 

Cas began to pass the Winchesters bedrooms, he could hear something from Dean's room. It sounded like he was struggling.

"Dean?" Cas knocked on his door, there was no response, he slowly opened the door and peeked into see Dean sleeping. 

"Dean?" He said a loud again.

"No...please..Cas.." Dean seemed to be talking in his sleep. "Don't hurt him..no!" He was twisting and turning in a panic. Cas quickly rushed over to his side and started lightly shaking him.

"Dean. Dean, wake up." Cas said as he lightly shook Dean. Dean quickly sprung to life, he had a angel blade in his hand and went to strike Cas. 

"Dean! It's me!" Cas quickly backed away to avoid the strike. Dean looked at Cas with fear in his eyes.

"Oh my god... I'm so sorry, Cas." Dean dropped the blade and covered his mouth with his hands. Cas made his way back over to the bed

"It's alright, Dean. Are you okay?" Cas asked.

"I'm fine..I-i just..I didn't mean to try and hurt you" Dean was looking down. 

"I know, its okay. What happened?" Cas continued to pry. 

"Nothing.. I just had a nightmare.." He still refused to look at Cas.

"Would you like to tell me about it?" Dean shook his head no. "Are you positive?" Dean nodded.

"I'm just going to go back to bed, okay?" Dean laid back down, Cas nodded and walked to the door. 

"If you need anything, just call for me okay?" Dean nodded and Cas left.

3 AM

Cas was still awake of course and sitting in a random hallway. He found a rubix cube and was seeing how many times he could solve it, which was 22 times so far. He was on his 23rd time until he heard someone quietly calling for help. He stood up and began following the voice, of course it was Dean again. He walked in and saw Dean hugging his pillow with a pained face. Keeping his distance, he made his way over to Dean and lightly shook him again.

"Dean.." He quietly said, Dean jumped awake again, with a scared look on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked, Dean didn't respond, he just kept looking down at his lap. "Dean." Cas put a finger under Deans chin and made him look up.

"I-I'm fine, Cas" Dean replied, looking up at Cas. 

"Was is another nightmare?" Cas asked, Dean looked away before nodding slightly. 

"Talk to me" Cas sat on the side of Dean's bed.

"What is there to talk about?" Dean looked back down, not wanting to make eye contact with Cas.

"Dean. Tell me about your nightmare." Cas demanded in the nicest way he could.

"...Fine..I dreamt that I was in the woods..i could only see trees. Lucifer..he came out of nowhere" He took a breath. "He was holding you up by the back of your trench coat..he killed you.." Dean had tears in his eyes, he was still thinking about it.

"What? You dreamt about me?" Cas asked, dean nodded. "You were worried about me?" Dean nodded again.

"I thought you actually died..." A couple tears went down Dean's cheeks. 

"Hey..Look at me.." Dean looked at Cas. "I'm right here" Cas put a hand on his cheek. 

"Cas?" Dean still had tears running down his cheeks.

"yes?" Cas wiped away Dean's tears.

"Can you stay with me? At least till i fall asleep?" He asked shyly, Dean never really showed a 'soft side', he always was tough as he carried the world on his shoulders. Cas looked into Dean's beautiful green eyes and couldn't say no so of course he nodded. Cas went on the other side and laid down next to Dean, Dean laid back down as Cas put an arm around him. Dean laid his head on Cas's shoulder. 

"Thank you, Cas..You don't have to stay long" Dean said as he closed his eyes.

"I don't mind, I wanna make sure you're okay..Get some rest. I'll be here when you wake up"

9AM

Sam opened his door and yawned, he slept well that night though he did hear shuffling, and crying which worried him a bit. As he stretched in his doorway he noticed Dean's door was partly open, Sam peaked his head into the room. He saw Cas and Dean cuddling together, both seemed to be asleep, peacefully.

"That's cute.." Sam said with a smile, both of them shushed Sam. "Okay okay, enjoy your cuddle party" he chuckled as he walked off. Cas and Dean both opened their eyes and looked at each other, both of their cheeks were flushed pink.

"DId you sleep well?" Cas asked.

"Yeah, thank you for staying" Dean smiled.

"Your welcome, Dean." Cas smiled back. The two stared into each others eyes for a few seconds, they slowly began to get closer and closer. Until their faces were inches away from each other, after a few more seconds of staring into blue and brown eyes, Cas closed the space between them by kissing Dean.